The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: OT: Vintage 70s Mont Blanc Carrera Fountain Pen

Hi moderators, hoping I might slip this one in given the Carrera link.....cheers!

I think we'll need to declare today Watch OT day on the Sales Forum.

Super Cool Vintage Mont Blanc Carrera Fountain Pen, as double boxed with papers and accessories.

OK, so now you've got your Heuer collection, a couple of vintage Porsches and your Steve McQueen Persol 64-niners, all you need to brandish at your next high-fallutin' Power meeting is a 1970's Mont Blanc Carrera.

All the other lower-grade office patsies will have an out-of-the-store boring black Mont Blanc rollerball; you can have the exponentially cooler 1970's real deal pen-du-fountaine.

Sign that big Contract with this vintage pen of character.

Here's an as new Mont Blanc Carrera Fountain Pen from my collection.

Now, it seems every one called their product the very evocative 'Carrera' name in the 70's, fitted it with racing holes and hued it a bright colour; Mont Blanc were no exception, a-jumpin' on the Carrera bandwagon.

(sorry, ad not for sale)

For Sale: My Mont Blanc Carrera Fountain Pen:

vintage 60's/70's
near NOS- I've run a cartridge through it to check it works, so it's now not true NOS
Correct double box, and case, and instructions- that's rare!
correct ink filler cartridge accessory- use purple ink in it as Enzo Ferrari did- did I say cool?
A cool colour shaft, and one you won't see from Mont Blanc today. Porsche called these Signal colours in the 70's, so this bad boy is either Bahama Yellow or Signal Yellow.
Working fine, either by cartridge (handy!) or filler as can be seen in the box.
F - Fine nib.
the trademark Mont Blanc white snowy mountain top thingy at EACH end of the pen- wow! Double the value right there- the more snow the better in my experience.
Cool racing holes on the clip, all important for super-fast deal signing in the heat of corporate battle.

(how many times have I written cool, you ask?)

Look at the condition, pictures speak a thousand words. Almost as new.

Asking $A350 and worth this all day long - you local pen emporium will slug you double this for a white-capped mountain pen a quarter as cool and mass manufactured in the bazillions!

Bank transfer or Paypal + fees OK and shipping will be at cost- if O/seas allow $25 shipped with international EMS at cost or slightly more via Fedex. Within Australia I'll use a Platinum Post envelope. Overseas shipping will be insured and at buyers risk.

email for more info or questions:

heuermonaco**@**hotmail.com (remove the two sets of **)

Cheers - & thanks to the moderators.....and if you've read this far thanks to you too, man.

Stewart
Adelaide, Australia

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE