The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Omega Seamaster 120 “Baby PloProf” 166.0250 really VINTA

Up for sale from my vintage collection, a rare and magnificent (although quite beaten) Baby PloProf with ref number 166.0250 and original caliber 1010 with original Omega mesh bracelet 1247/237.

I got this from a vintage watches shop and it is a big pleasure to have it. From what I have been told, this is ALL ORIGINAL Vintage baby ploprof, the mesh, the clasp, the dial, the bezel, the crown, the hands and the cal 1010 are from the mid or late 70s. I have searched on line for a reference why the sweep hand is blue, but I was not able to figure out why. The only reference I find is when I go to ofrei and I search a match with the ref number and cal number, I find exactly the same blue hand under the name HAN-4231 and in the description says it is from cal 1010 and ref number 166.0250. So, definitely a genuine combo.

The movement is the original cal 1010 in an immaculate condition as my watchmaker opened it and he inspected it. The watch gives +11/-1/+7/+5 and my watchmaker confirms that it runs perfectly under specifications. On my hand I get around +16 sec/day but it will depend how you wear it and night position etc. The machine says it runs perfectly. The date wheels starts to move at around 10.30-10.50pm and clicks to new date at 11.50pm. Often when it changes during the night next day is not completely aligned in the box, like it is still changing (missing few mm to fit the box) but if you just open the crown to the date setting position the calendar will align perfectly. If you change it by hand this never happens. The watchmaker inspected this but said it was not worth servicing it only for this as the movement is in pristine condition.

The watch case seems like it has never been polished or finished before. I'm not an expert, so please check the photos. There are some 3-4 dots pressed in one of the lugs and some micro scratches. In the case back there are 2-3 4-5 mm long hairline scratches and one around 14 mm hairline scratch that you feel a bit when you go over with your nail.

The bezel is in the worst shape, it looks like pieces are missing, but it is just scratches underneath. The top has some 2-3 fine cracks when I go through my nail. The crystal seems fine, no scratches on it. There is a ding on 6 o'clock position on the metal ring of the bezel. The bezel seems to be un-aligned with the 12 o'clock mark, it rotates but you have to push it hard.

The dial look magnificent to me, no damage just some patina and slightly yellow markers and date wheel.

The hands are patinated too, especially the orange minute hand. The white hour hand too, but not to the same extent.

The claps is excellent, some micro scratches but no dings or large marks.

The lume works for around 20 seconds, after that it is almost faded. The hour hand still glows up to 40-50 seconds.

As you can see from the photos, this watch has a lot of CHARACTER. I got it like this and I never wanted to change anything. If you fix (if that is even possible) the bezel or swap it for a new one, you have almost mint baby ploprof. I was even thinking to send it to Bienne, but with 16 sec a day I thought it was not necessary.

So, here it is for sale for extravagant 2150 USD, a rare model and condition that it is VERY HARD to find, especially for this price. Plenty of money left if you want to do a STS service (around 300 GBP) or Bienne service ( 350 GBP) but service is really not necessary. First one with straight "I'll take it" will get it.

I'm not an expert in vintage, if you see something off with my description please feel free to state it. Also if you want specific photos of specific parts of the watch - no problem.

Photos in HQ: http://imageshack.us/g/268/img1570hf.jpg/

You can collect the watch or choose shipping from France with courier of your choice. I will only ask the shipment to be insured to the full value and signature on arrival. Local pick up (Geneve area, Anemasse or even south of France possible)

Payment either by BT (in EUR or CHF) or PayPal.

If you need more photos let me know. Thanks

Some photos:

2 videos of the lume:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIj7y9Ji4m4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e347zzfsxV8

I have references on TZ

Thanks for looking

Messages In This Thread

FS: Omega Seamaster 120 “Baby PloProf” 166.0250 really VINTA
Re: FS: Omega Seamaster 120 “Baby PloProf” 166.0250 real
Re: FS: Omega Seamaster 120 “Baby PloProf” 166.0250 real
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE