The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

Found: Early Autavia; Valj 72; Excellent Original *LINK*

Guys:

some people say that you buy the seller as much as you buy the watch, so I am happy to report that I met both this morning, and both appear to be the real items.

this Autavia is really exceptional -- first execution screw-back case / second execution dial; the bezel looks better than in the photos, and seems to have aged nicely, along with the watch; everything seems to be entirely original; the movement looks nice; the case is exceptionally clean.

I bid early in this auction, but do not intend to bid further; I am wearing the same model today, and have decided that I don't need a second one . . . but I will hope that this one can stay in the OTD / Chronocentric family.

write to me if you have any questions, etc.; let me also confirm that I have no financial interest in this watch / this auction.

Jeff

Messages In This Thread

Found: Early Autavia; Valj 72; Excellent Original *LINK*
Re: Found: Early Autavia; Valj 72; Excellent Origi
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE