The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Omega Speedmaster Mk 4.5 Lemania 5100

Selling another one of my Lemania 5100's for my house funding, my first Omega Speedmaster Automatic and also the first L5100 to enter my collection in early 2006.
This is most likely the very first instalment of the fabled Lemania movement, with the first batches of this watch leaving Omega's factory as early as 1974. This very specimen however is later and probably dates from the late '70's - early '80's.

It is the reference 176.0012, also known unofficially as "Mark 4.5" as it shares the cushion case of the Mark IV and the movement of the Mark V.

Large stainless tonneau-shaped case with open lugs.
Automatic movement with almost 45 hrs of power reserve
All time and chrono functions working flawlessly and chrono hands resetting perfectly
Day (English) and date window with quick-set - changes at just about midnight!
Hacking feature
Waterproof to 3 atm (though not recently tested)
Mineral crystal with inverted tachymetre scale

Cosmetic conditionsVery, very nice conditions overall
The watch was serviced at Omega Bienne and most of its parts were substituted with NOS service pieces, incl. dial, hands, crown, pushers and seals and the movement was overhauled.

Case: very good, a few hairlines here and there is all I can see. The sunburst radial finish is exquisite and in very remarkable status.
Bracelet: very good condition, very little stretch if any at all and a few desk dive lines.
Pushers and crown: perfect
Dial: perfect - glows like a beacon in the dark, as do hands
Hands: perfect
Mineral glass: some very tiny lines can be seen under specific light conditions but they do not hinder visibility at all and can't be captured in photos.

I would rate it as a conservative 95% on the TimeZone scale.
I think pictures speak volumes about the conditions; many more additional hi-res pictures available upon request.

The famed Lemania 5100 movement is a real workhorse, with central hands for chrono seconds and minutes for optimal legibility:
what more can you ask?

Bought in early 2006 from an American dealer, and serviced by Omega in early 2011 - hardly worn thereafter.
Comes with the faux leather Omega travel box.

Asking 2500 EUR nett to me, plus shipping at cost to anywhere as the buyer will decide. No trades nor lowballers please.
Payment on my bank account or buyer takes fees if by PayPal.
The watch is located in Europe.

Many thanks for your attention

Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE