The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Heuer Autavia ('69), 7763 Chrono., Superb, PICS!

For sale is a beautiful 1969 Heuer Autavia 7763 chronograph. Manual-wind, 2 register, all original. This is a fine example of the 7763. This particular watch is featured in onthedash.com (compare serial numbers in the respective pic.'s to confirm). Yours for only $850.

I bought this Heuer from the original owner several years ago. He included the original red Heuer service manual and warranty card showing that he purchased the watch in September, 1969, from an authorized Heuer dealer located at or near the former U.S. Air Force base in Cigli, Turkey. He indicated to me that he was en route back to the U.S. after a combat tour in Vietnam.

The case, dial, hands, bezel, pushers are all original and in excellent condition. All wear is very even, no deep scratches or dents, no significant imperfections anywhere - just normal wear throughout. Significantly, all numbers on the bezel are completely legible, with no scratches (this is not normally the case). The case and caseback have clearly been polished by the original owner, but all engraving (e.g., "Heuer Autavia - stainless steel - waterproof", etc.) is still legible. Both registers have a completely even and very light patina, a faint aged look, which truly enhances the watch by creating a bit of a soft, vintage appearance. Please note the registers are significantly whiter than they appear. The photos have an innacurate yellow hue (I took the pic's under a yellow flourescent light, sorry), but as a good point of reference, the white hang tag that appears in the pictures is a true white.

The case is a standard large diameter Heuer case, but not of the relatively unattractive (in my humble opinion) clunky, square variety that you more commonly see on Ebay, particularly in the early 70's Heuer Autavias. This Autavia has a matte black dial and two white registers (1 min. and 30 min.). The movement keeps very good time and all functions are operational. I had my local watchmaker in Menlo Park, CA (a very good one, I might add), go through, lube, etc. the entire movement after I bought it and everything checked out. The chrono. hand seems to move in slightly uneven increments (this really could just be my eyes), but whatever the case, it keeps perfect time and stops/starts on the money. Just mention this in the interest of full disclosure.

The watch is on a black leather perforated strap with Heuer buckle, both in perfect shape. The strap does not have a Heuer imprint or logo, but is a dead ringer for NOS, as is the buckle.

In sum, while by no means NOS, this is a very fine example of this particular Heuer Autavia. As a 37 year-old watch, it is clear that the original owner babied it. For what it's worth, I never wore it, just kept it on its' pillow inside a watch case.

Please e-mail David at avilalaw1@yahoo.com with questions. I accept Paypal from U.S. buyers only. I will ship USPS with insurance/signature and tracking the minute the Paypal funds are deposited into my checking account (2-3 days from Paypal transfer). Thanks!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Messages In This Thread

FS: Heuer Autavia ('69), 7763 Chrono., Superb, PICS!
Price Reduced to $800! *NM*
Watch Sold, Thanks CC! *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE