The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Heuer Pilot Automatic 39 Jewel *LINK*

These are hard to find, especially in this condition. I know I looked quite awhile before finding this one. I’m reluctant to sell it but sailing season is upon me and I need to refit the boat. If you’re considering buying this watch you’ve probably already seen Chuck Maddox’s article on it but, if not, have a look and if you weren’t considering it before you will be now. Selling for $1350 firm, which includes Priority Mail insured shipping in the US and Canada. I will take Paypal (split fee), money order / cashier’s check or a personal check (will wait for it to clear before shipping however). I am not a dealer and have not sold on this forum before but have many references from the Seiko / Citizen forum and Timezone. Wanted to list here first to give Heuer fans the first shot. Here are the details on the watch:

--Movement is the 39-jewel version (vs. 31 or 35). It is very clean and keeping excellent time. All chrono functions working perfectly. I would take the back off and get a picture but with the recent pressure test (see below) I don’t want to break that seal. But it looks great and, as I say, keeping excellent time.

--I don’t know if all the bracelet links are there but what I can tell you is that it fits VERY loosely on my 7.5” wrist. Like, loosely over the wristbones and up the hand. Bracelet is in excellent shape and clasp barely has any wear at all.

--Bezel turns as it should

--A few tool marks on the caseback.

--No box / papers but it is, without question, genuine and as described. There are no surprises on this one.

Here’s a real bonus--I sent the watch to Jack Alexyon at IWW and it came back only last week. Work done includes:

--A very sympathetic polish of the crystal to remove all surface scratches so now the crystal looks absolutely perfect. Jack tells me that these are $250 if you have to replace them so factor that in as you compare watches

--Replaced crown using genuine factory crown

--Relumed the hands only in the same color as original

--Checked and lubed seals, replaced rear gasket and pressure tested. It passed.

--Sonic clean all case parts and bracelet

Email me at glcommercial2@comcast.net if interested.

Messages In This Thread

FS: Heuer Pilot Automatic 39 Jewel *LINK*
SOLD!
Here are the photos
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE