The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Breitling Navitimer Chronomatic 1806 in MINT condition w/Box

Hi, I thought I was going to keep this one in the safe but something else popped up and when the watch fund is dry... something needs to be sacrificed.

I have a vintage Breitling Navitimer Chronomatic ref. 1806 in MINT condition for sale. It comes with the cassette-style box and guarantee papers that you see in the photos. This is powered by a Calibre 11 movement signed Breitling. I believe that this watch is NOS but since I do not know for a fact, I will call it MINT 98%. It is huge at 48mm without crown. Stainless case with black bezel.

The Good: This is referred to as a "Pre-series" release as can be identified by the BLACK date wheel. The regular release had a red date wheel. This is a very early release and has a 1254XXX serial number. Based on the databases I can find for Breitling serial numbers, this would date the production of this watch to 1968. Since that would "re-write" history, I'll say it's one of the original 1969 automatic chronographs released by Breitling. There are no obvious signs of usage on the case and looks to have been stored in a safe for 45 years. Dial is clean, the lume has patina'd nicely. Original crown and hands.

The Bad: Not a lot. There are some very minor paint nicks on the black bezel that I tried to capture in the photos. Honestly not noticeable unless you hold it to your face. Bezel is stiff to turn but I think that's just from non-use. There is some minor paint fade on the sweep seconds hand. Again not noticeable. There is some very faint rubbing on the crystal probably from shifting in the box. Easily polished out. The strap is not signed and I do not know if it is original to the watch but it is correct for the period. Strap is in New condition. The pin buckle is signed Breitling.

Comes with Watch with strap in photos, box, papers, and I'll include a New non-Breitling mesh strap that would also be correct for the period.

Asking USD$3,100 net to me (paypal fees, shipping). Ships from Toronto, Canada.

Thanks for the space Chronotrader! References on request. On to the pics:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE