The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Tired of wimpy pigskin straps but like the look

If you want a pigskin strap but it has to be beffy, these new pilot’s straps called AVIATORS will transform your watch. You get the vintage look so popular with pigskin, but in a 3mm thick and durable custom-made leather strap with open-end screw fittings.

These new pigskin straps are lined with soft Russet Hide leather for a comfortable fit. They are made in the United Kingdom. The beefy buckles are stainless steel.

AVIATORS are a great period-looking option for fixed-lug military watches and they work equally well on modern watches with spring-bar lugs. The heavy-duty military type construction means that these straps can easily and safely carry even the heaviest of modern chronographs or big military style watches.

I also now have another new style: black leather AVIATORS with a pebbled finish as shown below. This is the same style many of you have chosen in my leather NATOs.

You can now choose from 4 different colors and styles of AVIATORS: black with a smooth finish; dark brown with contrasting beige stitching: pigskin tan; and black with a pebbled finish. Pigskin ones are available in 18mm and 20mm; black pebbled finish in 18mm and 20mm; black smooth finish in 18mm, 20mm, 22mm and 24mm; the dark brown comes in either 18mm or 20mm.

AVIATORS start at just $29.99 each for the 18mm one, with cheap shipping options starting at $1.95. The straps are handcrafted in the United Kingdom, but they ship directly to you from Arizona – and arrive in your mailbox within a few days.

AVIATORS have two sandwiched layers of high-quality leather. Each AVIATOR strap is embossed “AVIATOR, Made in England.” AVIATORS measure 8 1/2 inches (215mm) long when placed end to end, counting the buckle, with the ends closed.

SAVE ON SHIPPING AND GET QUANTITY DISCOUNTS: I offer low-cost USPS First Class shipping for $1.95 or $3.85 for USPS Priority shipping; it’s your choice. Buy two straps, and get insured U.S. shipping FREE!

Sizes, colors and prices of AVIATORS available for immediate delivery:

18MM - $29.99 each

pigskin tan; black smooth; black pebbled; or dark brown

20MM - $30.99 each

pigskin tan; black smooth; black pebbled; or dark brown

22MM - $32.99 each

black smooth

24MM

black smooth - $34.99

(the 24mm size has two screws on each side instead of one as shown below and is slightly longer at 8 ¾ inches)

These straps are a great period-looking option for fixed-lug military watches and they work equally well on modern watches with spring-bar lugs. The heavy-duty military type construction means that these straps can easily and safely carry even the heaviest of modern chronographs or big military style watches.

*** With the screw fittings, I do recommend that you use Loctite 243 or a similar thread sealer to give the screws a more permanent fit.

PAYMENT: You can paypal me or pay securely online with any major credit card at www.paypal.com paying to the account of billmahoney@aol.com. You can also mail payment by check, money order or cash. I accept www.Paypal.com payments in $US, Euros and British pounds, as well as payment by mail in the form of cash in a registered letter with Euros, $US or pounds.

SHIPPING/INSURANCE: U.S. buyers just add $1.95 for USPS First Class shipping or $4.30 for USPS Priority Shipping with tracking (delivery confirmation). Canadian buyers add $2.50 for USPS Air Mail shipping. Other international buyers add just $5 for delivery to most countries via USPS Global Priority Shipping (where available). Add $1.30 for insurance if desired for one strap; insurance for two straps is $2.20.

I will alert you via email when the order ships from Arizona. I have many references here.

Please email if you have any questions, thanks and regards – Bill Mahoney (aka Squinky)

****** NEED A NYLON NATO OR LEATHER NATO, TOO? Add a nylon NATO or leather NATO to your order and save up to $3 per strap by purchasing them at the same time as your AVIATOR!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE