The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Vintage Doxa Sharkhunter T-GRAPH Chrono w/Original Bracelet

Selling part of a friend's collection with my 100% backing. I am in possession of the watch and will handle the shipping; payment will go directly to him.

Up for sale is this rare genuine vintage Doxa Sub 200 Sharkhunter T-Graph diver's chronograph with black dial. This great vintage diver is 100% original and dates from the late 1960s/early 1970s. The original Doxa T-Graph is pretty much a Grail for dive watch enthusiasts, so much so that the current company has released a very faithful tribute. This is a gorgeous unmolested example with black, white & yellow dial, unpolished case and original two-stage elapsed time bezel in great shape. It also comes on its original Synchron-signed BOR bracelet with unique dual-expansion clasp. Overall, the watch is in Excellent+ to Near Mint vintage condition and the Eberhard-based chronograph movement has just been fully serviced by my watchmaker and so will come with a 6-month guarantee for all normal non-abusive use. Simply put, this is a rare opportunity to own one of the very best surviving examples of the legendary T-Graph!

This asking price for this exceptional Doxa Sharkhunter T-Graph is $4850 USD OBRO including fully insured FedEx shipping worldwide. Bank Wire strongly preferred. Other payment options on application. Payment must be made directly to my consignor in US DOLLARS. Watch will ship upon full clearance of the funds, as well as any necessary bank vetting.

CASE & BACK: Large 42mm wide (not including crown) x 45mm long x 15mm thick tonneau-shaped stainless steel case has never been polished and is in Excellent+ vintage condition. It shows its original satin finish and sharp edges with only some minor scuffs and one small knick to the non-crown side. Screw-in water-resistant caseback is slightly more scuffed up, still Very Good+ condition with crisp reference/serial numbers and no deep scratches. The inner back has all the correct internal nomenclature and shows no corrosion.

DIAL & HANDS: Mint condition original matte black dial with contrasting white and yellow accents and Tritium luminous that has acquired a handsome vintage patina. Original hour and minute hands, as well as the big triangle minute counter, are Excellent with just some small signs of age to the matching luminous fill. The unique and eccentric small orange constant seconds and red minute counter hands are Excellent+ with only some darkening of their mini lume fill to speak of.

CROWN & PUSHERS: Original unsigned push-in crown sits tightly to the case, winds and pulls out to the non-hacking time-set position as it should. The top pusher starts and stops the 30-minute chrono and the bottom pusher snaps the registers back to "12" crisply.

CRYSTAL: Original high-pressure flat mineral crystal is very clean scratch and chip-free--Near Mint to Mint.

BEZEL: Original thick ratcheting unidirectional elapsed time bezel is exceptionally tight and clean with sharp, well defined knurling. The original engraved dual scale numerals all contain their original enamel fill with no loss of paint and only some small scratches--Excellent.

MOVEMENT: 17-jewel caliber 287 manual wind chronograph movement, an Eberhard derivative I believe, with constant seconds, sweep seconds counter, 30-minute totalizer and date complications. It has just been serviced and so is running strong and all functions work as they should, including good time keeping, correct date change and all chronograph functions. Just a note that the date at "6" is true slow set, meaning one must cycle the full 24-hours to advance it. Having just been serviced, this movement is guaranteed for 6 months of normal, non-abusive use.

STRAP: This Sharkhunter T-Graph comes on its original Synchron-signed stainless steel beads of rice bracelet with dual expansion links attaching to the adjustable clasp. It shows only moderate stretch and is currently sized for a 7.5" wrist with three larger micro adjustments available and one smaller. (My consignor might even have some spare links to be included with the sale!) This bracelet is very hard to find (no I will not sell it separately--don't ask) and it is in overall Excellent condition with lots of life left. This watch has a 20mm lug width

I make NO guarantees for the water resistance of this watch in any way, shape or form. Have it tested if you want to use it as a diver or for any other aquatic activities.

This great Doxa T-Graph is offered with a 3-day inspection period from the date of receipt and may be returned for a full refund (less any shipping costs incurred by the buyer). This refund is unconditional and once I get the watch back in exactly the same condition as it was sent to you, your money will be refunded. Of course, once the 3 days are over the sale will be considered FINAL.

Thanks for looking,
T.
tomvox1@hotmail.com

Messages In This Thread

FS: Vintage Doxa Sharkhunter T-GRAPH Chrono w/Original Bracelet
SOLD. Best, T. nt
ON HOLD. Best, T. nt
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE