The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Camaro Dato Exotic Dial // NOS // incl. GF bracelet and box

Dear aficionados,

I´m very happy to offer a “maybe once in a lifetime watch” for sale. :) This one comes from my private collection and i will release it now.

This Heuer Camaro 73443 Dato “exotic dial” from 1970 is a rather rare watch in general and just a very few have come up for sale in the past years. It may have been on a wrist before a few times, but i would still rate it as new old stock, some would say “near NOS” (waiting for that comment with "near virgin" again :)). Flawless dial and hands with original lume which is just beautifully patinated. Unpolished and nearly unscratched case with still the original Heuer caseback-sticker on it (serial 213xxx). Comes on the matching Gay Freres bracelet (signed 3/70), which is in the best condition a GF band can be. And on top of that it is still covered in a vintage Heuer box. I sold about 20 Camaros in the past two years and had nearly all versions, partly in amazing condition, but this one is the very best of them all.

I have decided not to place a fixed price on this watch, but will be happy to listen to your offers until next sunday the 6th of november, and sell it to the collector with the highest bid. I know most of you guys don´t like that "highest offer bidding" but in this case it makes sense to me as there is nothing comparable around and it´s not easy do define a relevant pricerange for that piece.. To give you a direction i can say that i have allready received offers over 8k€ since i putted it on my website yesterday which is rather high for a camaro and maybe allready defines the specialty of that watch.

Thanks to chronotrader and everyone being interested in advance. I´m looking forward to receiving your email to hello@rarebirds.de.

yours,
andee

Messages In This Thread

FS: Camaro Dato Exotic Dial // NOS // incl. GF bracelet and box
SOLD!
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE