The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Rare First Execution Monaco with Brick Bracelet

Hello Folks,

I have on sale today, a very controversial piece, and certainly very interesting piece: The vintage Heuer Monaco 73633 blue registers on blue dial, with the painted hour markers.

I am a little reluctant to let this go, but I have some hefty school fees to pay for and this really has to go.

Watch has been sent to Heuer S.A. some time earlier this year (January) to get a movement service and also to get it authenticated. According to their senior watchmaker, after inspection of the dial and all, and with their records, confirmed that the whole watch is original and nothing aftermarket or refinished. He further added that this is in fact the FIRST execution of the vintage Monaco. See below picture for the original official letter that is addressed to me.

Movement is very clean, being serviced recently. Crystal is brand NOS, with NOS gasket fitted. The old crystal has the gasket melted and in a bad shape and I will include it as well. Bracelet is NOS when I first purchase it, and it is being sized down to fit my puny wrist with the extra links all stashed up nicely. An easy feat to resize it to fit yours again. Simple love the brick bracelet. You should know the value of the bracelet as recent prices on ebay has gone up to USD900 and more. Watch case is in superb shape and the sides crisp sharp. I do know for certain that this piece has not been polished much and only very lightly as this is evident with those visible deep factory brushed detailing lines. As most "blue on blue" Monacos I have seen (about 3-4 pieces in my years of collecting), NONE has the tool marking on the caseback. As I can see that most metal is intact and I can see that there is reasons for me to believe that the original never came with that marking. Crown and pushers are of course original and in very good shape. The hands are slightly different looking as compared to the Steve McQueen's 1133B model, but I have my reasons to believe that they are original (also with the Heuer senior watchmaker's assurance adds credibility to the authencity). For all the other "blue on blue" models, they shared the same hands style (I can send you additional pictures that I have collected for this model when I was pursuing the truth and authenticity of this model), and the previous owner (who is the original FIRST owner) told me that apart from getting it serviced in the 70s era, he has never change any single part of this watch prior to selling it to me.

The dial is definitely all original and my pictures are not crisp sharp enough to do justice to it. There is certainly some patinas aging on the lume dots and around that dot which is common on vintage blue anthracite dial. There is nice detailed "serifs/ tails" on the fonts, indices and such which differentiate itself well from those aftermarket dials. Overall, dial is slightly aged but still looks gorgeous for its age.

I do not like to rate the watch with arbitary points or grades, and would prefer you to judge it for yourself from the pictures that I took awhile back. Watch has not been worn since then.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here is the official authentication papers from Heuer:

Some recent pictures of it on bracelet: (will send you more pictures of the bracelet if you should need more)

My asking price for this rare beauty is USD 4,700 shipped to your doorstep. I am very certain that with the recently hike (again, year after year) of prices in the Monacos, this is a great investment piece which I cannot afford to keep for the time being. Solid references will be provided upon request. Please feel free to email me any queries at reficul_xNO.SPAM@yahoo.com (please remove NO.SPAM) Wire payment preferred but will accept paypal if you pay for the fees.

Best Rgds,
Jack W

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE