The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: STUNNING HEUER AUTAVIA 1163 "DEREK BELL"

Hi,
I am selling another stunning Heuer Autavia 1163, Mark3, also called the "Derek Bell".
Please note that the model number between the lugs is "1163" and not "1163V" since this is not a Viceroy but an early Autavia 1163.
You will see that the watch has the steel polished hour markers, steel polished hands with black inserts and the hour recorder has the numbers 3,6,9, and 12 instead of 1 through 12.
You can read more on the different Autavia 1163 black dials here: http://thoughts.onthedash.com/thoughts/serial-numbers-of-viceroy-autavias/
And here: http://thoughts.onthedash.com/thoughts/field-guide-to-the-heuer-autavia-reference-1163-black-dial/

Case is in very good condition with the sunburst graining in the upper case looking really nice.
Bevelled edges are still really sharp. Caseback is in very nice condition with no scratches from bad case openings.
Both serial and model number ( 1163 ) are clearly visible between the lugs.

The dial is really nice, subdials have some stains but still look pretty good in real.
Original and correct hands for this model, in very good condition.
All the lume on dial and hands is the original; lume dots at 3,6 and 9 still very good.
Lume on the dial has that stunning creamy colour.

Plexi, crown and pushers are in good condition, correct and original.

Tachymeter bezel is in a fantastic condition. One would expect an MH bezel here but I don't see this as a negative point.
On the contrary; good Tachymeter bezels for the 1163 go easily 1500 euros since they fit the expensive Sifferts 1163.
And wether it's an MH or a Tachy on this watch has no importance in my opinion ( and I am not the only one ).

Mechanically this watch is incredibly good; keeping extremely good time and with the best power reserve I have ever seen on
any Autavia ( it just keeps running once enough power has been build up ). Chrono working and resetting perfectly.

Only flaw I can find on this watch is that the movement is a caliber 12 where it should be a caliber 11 according to the info
on www.onthedash.com. All the Derek Bells I had before had the caliber 11.
So has the movement been changed somewhere in the past or was it sold this way? I honestly don't know though I tend to believe it has been changed.

Model: Heuer Autavia 1163, Mark3
Serial number: 143050 ( correct serial for this model )
Movement: Heuer caliber 12

I am pricing this "Derek Bell" pretty low, taking into account the caliber 12 movement.
Bear in mind that the parts alone are worth more than my asking price.
I am selling the watch "head only" or with a new Bulang strap ( worth 109 euros )

Price:
Option 1: watch "head only": 3400 euro ( including insured shipping )
Option 2: watch with Bulang strap: 3480 euro ( including insured shipping )

( I am giving a full refund in case of any problem or should the watch no be as described )

Kind regards,
Bernard De Vos

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE