The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

Re: Recommendation -- Pictures and Prices are Help

Jeff
Agreed.
And a reminder. This is a free and valuable service, so respect it by making an effort.
FWIW, I actively buy and sell on the Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum classifieds. A really great place to buy and sell because of motivated buyers and honest sellers.

That said, there are a few strictly enforced rules there, including:

a) You must state a price. No auction links. No best offers. The mods (or a veteran poster) will make a polite suggestion and if the post isn't edited, close it.

b) There's an automatic 72-hour unconditional approval period, unless negotiated otherwise. This is the substantial "benefit" to UMGF buyers.

c) Musical instruments and music related items only. A guy tried to trade a bicycle for a guitar. It was reluctantly shut down because others had raised ire by offering to trade guns for guitars.

These all seem like reasonable guidelines and one of the reasons why very expensive guitars get sold often within hours there, almost invariably without a hitch.

On the other hand, I tried to buy a few small things on an Apple related classified. Everything I tried to buy had a problem, from sellers changing prices and withdrawing items from sale after the full asking price had been met, to merch that was not as represented. I'll leave that place to the bottom feeders, and they lost a responsible, motivated buyer with money.

There's much to be said for voluntarily maintaining the high standards here by describing fully with pics, specifying a price, offering a Chronotrader discount, and selling chronos only .

This is a great place and I bought an amazing watch (and made some new friends) through a WTB ad here. Let's police ourselves and keep it that way.

best
Allen

------WebKitFormBoundaryIp+lUZSZG58xFRR8

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE