The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: STUNNING OMEGA SPEEDMASTER REF. 145.022-71

Hi,
I am not often selling an Omega Speedmaster.
But I got interested in the model a couple years ago and now I need it sell some.
First up is this very nice Speedmaster 145.022-71.
"The stepped dial early reference, the -71, is more highly desired than the later references, because of its stepped dial."
You can read more on this reference here: http://speedmaster101.com/145-022/145-022-71-74-76-78/
Please also note the fact that the '71 is pretty rare in today's market.

First of all I want to make clear that this watch comes with all the original parts as far as I can see.
The watch also has the original plexi with the Omega logo ( maybe not easy to see in my pics but it's there ).

The case is without any doubt the eye-catcher of this watch.
It has been lightly detailled by an expert that is very skilled in case refurbs. I think the pictures speak for themselves.
Not much to say, in my eyes it's just perfect and looks even better than the case of my 2014 Speedmaster.
Correct medaillon case-back in fantastic condition

This '71 comes with the very attractive stepped dial which will disappear in the later years.
The dial has some wear, especially the "T swiss made T" has some wear.
The hour markers also suffered a bit but the strange thing is that the dial looks just great when you see it in real.
The good thing about Speedmasters is that the dial just doesn't need to be mint.
The original hands have this great and original green/brown "desert storm" lume color.

Original Black BASE 500 bezel with dot next to 90 (DN90) in very good condition.
Original plexi, pushers and crown.

The watch has been completely serviced by my watchmaker. In the pictures you see pics before and after the service.
Movement is pretty clean for a 1971 watch.
What's more it's running just perfect, keeping perfect time, chrono starting and resetting perfectly.
Setting time and winding the crown goes incredibly smooth.

Movement: Calibre 861
Serial: 305xxxxx

Ok, I think that's all. I am including insured shipping with Intex and a very nice new brown leather rally strap that is a great match.
About the price, I am pricing it way cheaper than all the other 71 Speedmaster you'll find on the internet.
Ok there is no bracelet but then again who needs one? A Speedmaster looks best on nice leather and I mean that. :-)

Price: 3650 euros ( insured shipping and leather rally strap included )

( I give a full refund in case of any problem or if the watch would not be as described )
( I give a 12 month guarantee on the movement )

Best regards,
Bernard

Messages In This Thread

FS: STUNNING OMEGA SPEEDMASTER REF. 145.022-71
SOLD *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE