The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Heuer Autavia Ref. 2446 (Big Subs)

For Sale: Heuer Autavia Ref. 2446 (Big Subs)

I am offering a close friend’s early Autavia for sale here.
It is a very charming and allover original early Autavia. Allthough the watch shows quite some patina,
it is in very good condition and is in excellent condition mechanically.

Type, reference and serial number
It is a screw back Autavia ref 2446, with first execution dial (Big Subs)
Serial number 48855

Service history
No service within the last couple of years – earlier in my friend’s ownership he had it serviced every now and then.

Case
Good original condition, never polished or refinished in any way.
Case back engravings are equally clear.
Inside case-back is marked Ed. Heuer & Co.

Dial
All original. Never touched up in any way.

Hands
All original.

Crown and pushers
All original, working firmly and nicely.

Movement
Original and very clean Valjoux calibre 72, marked Ed. Heuer & Co.
Running excellently and is keeping very good time w. every function w. very good power reseserve.
Crown and pushers operate crisply and firmly.

Strap
Vintage strap in proper style but probably not the original strap.

Buckle
Early and original Heuer Sun buckle clasp.

Seeking Best Offer

I realize that some people do not like these „Best Offer“ types of sales, but this is a very rare watch,
the market has been changing quickly and is difficult to value accurately, so we will let the market decide, through this process.

In terms of transparency, I will provide any prospective bidder with information about the highest current bid,
and I will post the amount of the highest bid at the end of every day.
Let me point out that I have been a good watch friend of Jeff Stein for many years,
I supplied some of the first photos that are included OnTheDash, and Jeff is willing to serve as my reference for this transaction.

• Submitting Bids: Bids are submitted to the Seller by e-mail messages to curb@gmx.net
I will maintain copies of all bid messages received during the auction.
I herewith guarantee that all bidders, interested parties and of course the final buyer will not be disclosed in any way.
Any mail or offer I receive, and identity of bidders, will be kept strictly confidential.

• End Time: This auction will come to an end on Friday, February 17, 2017, 23:00 hrs, in the
Central European Time Zone (CET).

• Updates on Prices: Each day, at 21:00 hrs (CET), I will post the high bid that I have received.

• Seller’s Rights: I maintain the right to end the auction early (prior to the End Time), to extend the auction (beyond the End Time),
or to cancel the auction. I am not obligated to sell the watch to the high bidder (for example, I may decline to sell to a High Bidder
who makes unreasonable requests (for example, low customs valuation) or who does not send payment promptly).
Please submit your offer early in the process, as I may accept a strong bid prior to the End Time.

• Payment / Shipping / Insurance: Payment is by bank wire or cash in a face-to-face transaction; purchaser required to pay actual
cost of delivery with full insurance. Buyer can decide what form of delivery he prefers.
Face-to-face transaction can be arranged in Frankfurt / Germany.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE