The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: REDUCED x2: Vacheron Constantin Overseas 47040 Deep Stream

Up for sale is my beautiful Vacheron Constantin Overseas Automatic in the ultra-desirable “Deep Stream” version with anthracite gray dial and titanium bezel. This discontinued reference 47040/000W-9500 measures 42mm and is a full set with all boxes & accessories including the USB stick user’s manual, tags, rubber and crocodile straps, and complete open papers, VC passport and tags. It also comes with about a year left of mechanical guarantee from the bricks and mortar re-seller where I purchased the watch here in New York last summer. The watch is in overall Excellent lightly used condition.

This fantastic complete set VC Overseas Deep Stream is now further REDUCED to just $8450 USD OBRO, a massive savings off the last listed MSRP. The price for this big ticket item will include fully insured shipping. While I prefer a domestic US deal on this package due to the bulk and complexity of international shipping I will also listen to foreign buyers. Bank Wire or local New York City cash deal only. Payment must be made in US DOLLARS. Watch will ship upon full clearance of the funds, as well as any necessary bank vetting.

The limited production Deep Stream version of the second generation Overseas line features a beautiful anthracite gray dial that changes tone in different light. This sunburst-finish dial sports solid white gold quarter-Arabic markers and features strong Super Luminova luminous within trapezoidal white gold surrounds, as do the sword and dagger-style hands. Along with its 150 meters of water resistance that makes this a genuine tool watch, albeit an extraordinarily elegant and distinctive one. The sapphire crystal is flawless. As the new Gen III Overseas with in-house movement, scaled down case & more conventional styling cues comes online this year there is already a lot of love being shown for these more aggressive, macho Gen II Overseas models. I’m sure the debate about which model is better looking will only intensify over time. But one thing’s for sure: Vacheron won't be making any more of this one!

I wore it sparingly in my rotation and always on the black rubber strap, so the dark gray croc is essentially new, though I did remount it when cooler weather came. The watch itself looks to have never been polished and is in crispy Excellent overall condition with only a few minor scratches to the polished sides of the case and one or two other small marks from wear. The sexy titanium bezel has only one small nick close to the “50” marking. The terrific Maltese cross steel deployant clasp has light desk diving scratches. Personally I’d rather have a newer watch like this with a few minor marks already so I don't feel I have to baby it — just strap it on and get out there with it!

The highly regarded VC caliber 1226, derived from longtime movement supplier Jaeger LeCoultre’s cal. 889, features a hacking sweep-seconds hand and quickset date and is keeping outstanding time. The oversized crown signed with the Maltese cross screws down properly for maximum water resistance and unscrews and pulls out to the winding, quickset date and time-setting positions exactly as designed. That said, I haven’t had the watch pressure tested so I am not guaranteeing the WR. A good watchmaker will be able to confirm that for you but I’m sure it is up to its depth rating.

This guaranteed authentic Vacheron is offered with a 3-day inspection period from the date of receipt and may be returned for a full refund (less any shipping costs incurred by the buyer). This refund is unconditional and once I get the watch back in exactly the same condition as it was sent to you, your money will be refunded. Of course, once the 3 days are over the sale will be considered FINAL.

Thanks for looking,
T.
tomvox1@hotmail.com

Messages In This Thread

FS: REDUCED x2: Vacheron Constantin Overseas 47040 Deep Stream
OHPF. Best, T. nt
SOLD. Best, T. nt
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE