The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Three chronographs, one price

As you probably know, the launch of the automatic chronographs is an interesting part of the horological history. Not only because three automatic chronographs were launched the same year, but also because all three are different constructions. I have collected one of each, but now it is time to let them go. Instead of selling them one by one, they come as a small collection.

JDM 6139-6000 Seiko Speed Timer
Some people means that it is the very first automatic chronograph. Regardless, it was the very first to be sold in the open market, in May 1969 Japan. The watch is from the very first batch, manufactured in February 1969, which should make it extremely rare. The movement is 21 jewels unlike the export versions with 17 jewels. Furthermore, it is recognized by its "Proof"-dial and "notched" case.
Original boxes
Original bracelet, JDM
Diameter: circa 40 mm
Movement: 6139A, 21j
The condition is very good. It works as it should and the chronograph resets perfectly.

Zenith El Primero A384
Zenit was the first company to advertise an automatic chronograph on January 10, 1969 (although the development started as early as 1962!). At the time Zenith the presented prototypes of the El Primero. Full-scale production started late 1969. With Serial 707D926 I believe this watch is among the first A384 made. The manufacture of these began in November 1969.
Diameter: 38 mm
Movement: 3019PHC
The dial has some patina, but it should be possible to clean it if one finds a watchmaker that can do the job. Furthermore, the crystal is slightly damaged at 130 of the tachy. The movement is supposed to be serviced by the last owner, but I haven’t opened the watch and there is no receipt of the service. The watch runs good and resets perfectly.

Dugena 3207
The Chronocentric group (Heuer, Breitling Hamilton-Buren and Dubois Depraz) competed mainly with Zenith to develop the first automatic chronograph. On March 3, 1969 the group launched the Cal. 11 at several large press conferences. Not too long after the official launce came cal. 11-I with several enhancements, but after further improvements (eg 21600 VPH against former 19800 and enhancement of several other components) they launched cal. 12, the movement in the Dugena. The movement is based on Buren 1281 with micro rotor and the chronograph module 8510 from Dubois Depraz. Despite the construction with a piggy back chronograph, the watch is reasonably slim with its 14 mm height. There is another crown fitted to the watch, but an original crown will be included separately. Nice 70's chronograph with a slightly brown dial (tropical?).
Original box.
Original bracelet.
Diameter: 43.25 mm.
Movement: Cal. 12
Unknown service history, but It works flawlessly and resets perfectly.

Price and terms
Price: USD 8000 net to me for all three watches.
I will insure and ship anywhere at the buyer’s instructions, provided that the services requested are provided in Sweden.
You may return the watches for any reason within one week but I will deduct shipping cost from the refund

Thank you!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE