The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

Wishlist: RODANIA - SUPER WATER PROOF

Looking for org. metal bracelet for this 1970's All Stainless Steel, Swiss Made, Blue Bezel, 25 jewel, Automatic, Super Waterproof Divers time piece, 2307.2.
The Story:
Jan 25th, 1971 a General, by the name of Idi Amin Dada, took control of Uganda the nation once touted by Winston Churchill as the "Pearl of Africa. He did so by a successful coup, overthrowing President Milton Obote. What followed was a reign of terror. Amin declared himself president-for-life of his landlocked country of 24 million, awarded himself an array of medals and ran the country with an iron fist, killing real and imagined enemies.
Human rights groups say from 100,000 to 500,000 people were killed during his 8-year rule. Bodies were dumped into the Nile River because graves couldn't be dug fast enough. At one point, so many bodies were fed to crocodiles that the remains occasionally clogged intake ducts at Uganda's main hydroelectric plant at Jinja. "I am a man of action," he said. And words.
He said Hitler "was right to burn six million Jews," and offered to be king of Scotland if asked. He challenged his neighbor and frequent critic, Tanzanian President Julius Nyerere, to a boxing match, and wrote to Richard Nixon wishing him "a speedy recovery" from Watergate.
The stories about the madness and excesses of the Amin regime are legion. Many are true, and many are not. Amin is alleged to have chopped up his wife Kay as his children watched to punish her for adultery, had her limbs sewn back the wrong way, and showed the body to the children as "a lesson". Some versions say he kept some of the limbs, as he did that of other opponents, in the deep freezer in State House. And he occasionally feasted on the remains of his victims in some bizarre ritual of immortalization.
Shortly after his coup, and before he started committing the atrocities he is remembered for, he came to the town of Jinja, where I was living with my family, to visit the local YMCA across the street from where we lived. I went and met him and shook his hand.
Little did I know that in a few short months, he would first kick out the Israelis, as he was Muslim, followed by the Asians, British and the Americans thus setting the stage for his reign of terror. Months after the 1972 order expelling the foreigners, Amin went around the streets of Kampala, Jinja, Masaka and other towns in Uganda dishing out shops and factories he had seized to his relatives and cronies in an operation dubbed "Mafuta Mingi," returning wealth ("fat") to Ugandans.
We left by edict and were not allowed to take anything out of the country but the “shirt on our backs’. In an effort to get out of the country with some value for the money we were not allowed to take, among other things, my Dad bought a Rodania, All Stainless Steel, Swiss Made, Blue Bezel, 25 jewel, Automatic, Super Waterproof Divers time piece, 2307.2.
I wore this watch on our escape, on my upper arm, under my shirt sleeve, as a boy of 11 years of age- and thankfully was not searched at the armed check points on the road to the Entebbe airport when we left under armed guards.
This watch was handed down at my Fathers passing
Any leads or info to anyone with new/old stcok would be appreciated!
Please contact me at: mjh8583112459@hotmail.com

Messages In This Thread

Wishlist: RODANIA - SUPER WATER PROOF
Re: Wishlist: RODANIA - SUPER WATER PROOF *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE