The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Rare Longines 13zn Military issued ref 6486-3824

Hi guys,

I am on a consolidation mode... and some of these watches are on the chopping board. They probably spent the least time with me as they are new and probably have not developed that affection with me yet... Anyway, I am diversifying my watches into some modern with these funds.

On sale here is an extremely rare 13zn, the only 13zn that is military issued. Issued to the Romanian Pilots in 1937, this is one of the most well documented military watches ever surfaced. Though well documented, the reference 6486 is extremely rare. So far, I have only seen 3 pieces ever surfaced on the internet with original dial. Most are replaced with the more common 6476 or simply a totally wrong dial. The infamous 6486 auctioned in Phillip last year has a 6476 dial (and restored) but that did not stop them from achieving a record hammer at 88k.

There are a total of 215 watches delivered to the Romanian Air Force, a total of 141 are reference 6476 and only a handful of 6486. Other than the difference in dial, the 6486 has a double hinge case back and dust cover and they are more expensive in cost. The one I am selling is serial number 5457411, which is the very first one in the 6486 list, much like 1/74, ;-) delivered to Mr. Racasanu I.

Please refer to the images that I copied from this excellent website, with so much details on this particular watch. I think it is an excellent read for any military watch enthusiast. http://www.ceasuripentruromania.ro/ceasuri.php?id_article=11&language=english

Watch has been serviced, and dial is radium as I checked. Early monopusher works perfect and keeps great time. Watch measures 35.5mm.
This watch is extremely interesting as the serial number appears on the movement, dust cover, back of case back and even the back of the bezel in a reverse stamped way. Amazing provenance for a military watch built in 1937.

photo Untitled_zpsuq9ui7cz.jpg
 photo paper_zps9woid46k.jpg

photo IMG_4082_zpsxlaieejy.jpg
 photo IMG_4083_zpsbfbsxvb1.jpg
 photo IMG_4084_zps4x3ddukz.jpg
 photo IMG_4086_zpsla3qae73.jpg
 photo IMG_4087_zpsrh7t37jn.jpg
 photo IMG_4088_zpsv7dkqmrh.jpg
 photo IMG_4089_zpsejsdomaa.jpg
 photo IMG_4090_zps0eapgibh.jpg
 photo IMG_4091_zpsfrjsoq3x.jpg
 photo IMG_4092_zpshnpoktb2.jpg
 photo IMG_4093_zpslutd4pqc.jpg
 photo IMG_4094_zpsp1qbfdvk.jpg
 photo IMG_4095_zpszg5do9bq.jpg
 photo IMG_4097_zps4jqct7fy.jpg
 photo IMG_4098_zpsx7o000aa.jpg
 photo IMG_4099_zpsjw3v2xdk.jpg
 photo IMG_4100_zpsm53xbgq2.jpg
 photo IMG_4101_zps5iijtrah.jpg
 photo IMG_4103_zps90x4eabw.jpg
 photo IMG_4104_zpscqe8pcsc.jpg
 photo IMG_4105_zpsaryyzqtl.jpg
 photo IMG_4106_zpsd91rpbez.jpg

For this very rare bird, that should rightfully belongs to Longines' museum, I am asking for USD 24,000 shipped to your doorstep.

My price is firm, but I may be interested in Rolex sports watch as a part trade (cash coming my way) or any interesting Speedies 321 but prefers straight cash if your trade value is not market value.

Please reach me at reficul_x AT yahoo DOT com
Solid trade references upon request.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE