The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: 18K Heuer Carrera CHN 1158 *PIC*

I am offering from my collection this superb 1970's HEUER Carrera with Cal. 12 in Solid 18K Gold (Ref# 1158 CHN)... One of only 250 produced between 1971 and 1975 (50 per year)... Jack Heuer presented many of these fantastic watches to the Scuderia Ferrari team drivers that Heuer sponsored and was the official timekeeper for...
It is in beautiful 100% original condition with a heavy 18kt case... Comes on a Heuer black croc strap with a signed Heuer gold-plated buckle... This is a beautiful and very rare Heuer racing chronograph but I’m not wearing it and would like to see it go to a good home…
Featured on page 26 of the ArmbandUhren magazine “Tag Heuer Special Issue” from 2004… Here is the quote from this issue: "Racing drivers who served Heuer well received the Carrera chronograph in gold. This was at a time when Heuer was the official timekeeper of the Scuderia Ferrari, and it was, above all, Ferrari drivers who received them.... Jack Heuer recognized that it was very effective advertising to have a celebrity wearing a Heuer watch". The watch is pictured on page 26 with the caption: "The Carrera chronograph in gold was worn by drivers from Ferrari's Formula 1 racing team among others"...

Fully serviced by Heuer in New Jersey in July of ‘04… receipt supplied…

The above was my seller’s, Peter aka “greatsw”, orig description – the watch is in the same condition as when I received it. I removed (but saved the orig leather strap) and installed a black Di-Modell crocodile. I know I will regret selling this one but I’m just not wearing it. This watch has a nice authoritative "heft" because of it's weight and the one time worn outside, garnered some awfully nice compliments. I have the original receipt and a copy of the ArmbandUhren magazine issue referenced above.
Peter's description of only 50 a year made for five years and most were used to give to the leading drivers of various race teams - I have been able to confirm that some were given to race team leaders, from anecdotal indications,however there is nothing in the form of written documentation to confirma. When I purchased this watch, one of the reasons I bought it, besides its attractiveness, was that I had met Mr. Heuer as a young teen, working on a rally team (SAAB USA) back in the 60s - the SAAB team was partially sponsored by Heuer and I met him in the pits at the Daytona 12 hour in Florida, 1967. It's connection to racing made the appeal complete.

Operation: the accuracy of this watch surprises me every time I take it off the winder, which hasn’t been often. Last time was some 6-7 months ago and it was showing less than 5 minutes deviation from the time clock at time.nist.gov. As there is no continual seconds hand, it’s impossible to set “dead on”.Chrono pushers do not stick and are crisp in their action. And all pointers reset perfectly and I mean dead center perfectly. This is the very watch pictured here on OnTheDash at http://onthedash.com/Guide/_Chronographs/63.Carrera/e.Automatic_%28early%29/72.Reference_1158CHN/ .
Watch has actually only been worn 3-4 times, and worn outside the house one time, in the evening to a dinner.

The Heuer box pictured in the background is NOT included as it did not come to me with the watch. This pictured is borrowed from Peter’s original sales ad. I will be taking some shots in the next couple of days and will post a link to the album page.

References: maybe 30 or so from TZ, 127 from ebay (ebay ID is larryccf). I’ve sold about 14 watches, ranging from $950 to $3200 to Denmark, UK, France, Switzerland, Australia, Portugal, the Phillipines & Hong Kong. In fact, the Denmark sale was the most recent (a Heuer 510.503) that was purchased on this board and resold to someone off this board.

As paypal has gone a little outrageous on their fees and rules, and I have my own business, non-watch related, I can accept Mastercard or Visa direct. Note: on international payments, all banks now are actually holding funds before fully releasing them, so there may be a 10 – 14 day delay from time of processing the charge against your card and actual shipment date.
If you have any questions, feel free to call me at 804-502-0449 (I’m in Virginia, USA so please no calls after 9:30PM or before 9:00 AM or email me at: larryccf@mindspring.com

Price is $3550 USD + shipping - I will only ship UPS as US Postal is horrible if there is a loss, in terms of loss resolution (minimum of six months) - I know I don't have the patience for that, and pretty sure you wouldn't either.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE