|The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.|
A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces
Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]
As part of reorganizing my collection, up for sale is my stunning vintage Omega Speedmaster mark II 145.014. Here are the details:
1. Case: 42mm chunky case that has been professionally re-finished to maintain both brushed and polished area as the original finishing. Normally, I don’t polish my watches, but the finishing on this mark II Speedy needs to be as much original as it should. It looks totally different from worn-off piece. See photo for details.
2. Dial & hands: except for 1 small chronograph hand (service replacement, darker orange color at 6 o’clock), all are original to the watch, not service replacement. Dial ages pleasantly to a lighter orange shade, lume on dial matches to that of on the hands.
3. Movement: beautiful 861 movement runs strong, keeps good time, chronograph function works perfectly, though I’ve never timed it exactly to seconds per day. Photo on movement will be available if requested, as I need to send to a local watchmaker to open the case back for me.
4. Case back: has not been polished by myself but believe to be polished before, original to the watch, seahorse clearly visible.
5. Glass & bezel: lightly polished, in excellent condition, almost no minor scratch visible.
6. Crown & Pusher: all original & in great shape
7. Bracelet: full link 1162 bracelet, original to the watch, has been professionally re-finished to original satin finishing.
Other info and condition of sale:
1. All photographs are taken by me, of the watch for sale (I’m a part-time photographer, for this I used a Fuji X-T2 with Macro lens on tripod, natural lighting, no re-touching has been done).
2. I acquired this back in 2015 from the US, sent for full overhaul of movement and case finishing here in Singapore, cost about US$700. I sell this as part of reorganizing my collection as mentioned, also, it’s too chunky to my liking and my small 15cm wrist.
3. Price is US$2700 net to me, excluding Paypal fees & including shipping. Bank transfer to my local Singapore bank account is also a feasible option, buyer to cover bank fees.
4. Item will be shipped worldwide via Singapore SpeedPost, insured, import taxes are at buyer's responsibility. Other FedEx/DHL option can be discussed.
5. I've only done a few deals here successfully, and a few on Instagram. Not many references, but intended into this watch game for a long term so my reputation worth much more than a few hundred bucks.
6. See my Instagram @hoangkhoi1207 for more pictures, email me to get my phone number for easier communication, I use iMessage/Whatsapp/Viber.
7. I’m open to trade with other vintage pieces (chronograph/diver/etc.).
Thank you for reading the long post. Thanks Chronotrader for the free space.