|The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.|
A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces
Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]
I’m selling my Heuer Carrera 510.523 (Lemania 5100).
High-definition photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ye0186omtfs4isa/AACEI1uu93z9iqF8h8sOknHPa?dl=0
Serial Number: 510XXXXX
Year: Probably ‘83 or ‘85
Dial Color: Black
Dial Model: Index
Movement Type: Automatic
Crown: Signed “Heuer”
Some notes on the watch:
- Condition: All original, mint condition. Dial is pristine, case is unpolished. Keeping great time, all chronograph functions working and resetting perfectly.
- Can throw in a lovely racing strap from Abel Court, and a Heuer buckle.
- My research suggests that this watch dates to 1983 or ‘85 as it featrured in the Heuer Catalogues of those years (http://onthedash.com/Guide/_Catalogs/1983_Chronograph_Catalog/?show=83TFAB3A.jpg ; http://onthedash.com/Guide/_Catalogs/1985_Chronograph_Catalog/?show=P61.jpg)
- Special bracelet which depicts the TAG Heuer logo. It's interesting to find a watch like this, in transition. Heuer was acquired by the TAG group during the mid 1980s.
- Purchased from reputable dealer in December 2016. Can provide more details via email.
- Reason for selling: fund next purchase. (Perhaps a 5513 if anyone is interested in trading). I came to this watch as I was interested in the Lemania 5100 movement, and in Heuer chronographs, so this satisfied both points of interest. I’ll be sad to see it go, but, as you know, one gets interested in different pieces all the time, so I’m going to pick up a vintage diver in place of this lovely chrono.
Some notes on the movement:
- Technical guide on the Lemania 5100: http://www.awci.com/wp-content/uploads/watch-tech-guides/Lemania/5100.pdf
- Cam-actuated, direct-drive chronograph, pillar construction.
- 5100 will apparently withstand a 7G shock without problems and run for seven years without a service.
- 5100 was well known for its superior Kif-Flector shock absorption system and its central minutes chronograph hand.
- The watches were launched in 19823 on the back of the change in Heuer’s ownership. The new owners of Heuer included Nouvelle Lemania, which was seeking to ensure there were plenty of chronographs on the market using its 5100 movement.
- 5100 beats at 28,800 bph.
- When depressing the pusher to actuate the chronograph, the convincing nature of the click is joyous.
Price: Looking for $3,900 -- happy to hear offers. I’m based in Geneva. Can contact me on dcrwoods at gmail. Happy to whatsapp etc for more details.
Thanks -- all the best,