The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: EXPENSIVE AUTAVIA 1163 PRE-VICEROY WITH ORIGINAL CORFAM

Hi guys,
Offering here a very very nice Heuer Autavia 1163 pre-Viceroy with caliber 11-i.
It's one of the first Viceroy design Autavia 1163 I bought and I always kept it in my personal collection.
It's not NOS, it's not mint but a cal.11-i pre-Viceroy in this condition is becoming pretty hard to find.

Case is just fantastic. I think the pictures tell everything.
Is it untouched? I don't know. But if it has been refurbished I see only one guy who could have done it.
We all know in what direction we must look. I promised the guy to not use his name every time. :-)
Piquerez case with the case-back having a C 089-4 engraving.

Dial is 100% spotless, no often you will see these perfectly white subregisters.
Hands have the original tritium. Very good condition with the minute hand just a very little piece of the red paint missing near the center.
Hour markers have been relumed in my opinion. Great job though.
What I really don't like is that bad chrono seconds hand and the way it has been repainted.
So I will have that changed by a NOS chrono hand at my expense.

Tachymeter bezel in mint condition. No problem using the word mint here. We all know what these bezels are worth.
( around 1500 euros in my opinion )
Original plexi. I guarantee that. And it's not a detail. Try to find an original 1163 plexi.

Watch is mechanically 100%.
I offer a 24 months guarantee on the movement.

When I bought the watch it came with an original black corfam. Condition of the corfam is 98%. Standard stainless steel buckle.
So I decided the corfam have to stay with the watch. It makes the watch a little more expensive but I offer no choice.

Model: Heuer Autavia 1163 pre-Viceroy ( just 1163 between the lugs )
Serial: 223180
Movement: Heuer Caliber 11-i

That's it. The watch has several strong points like the cal. 11-i movement, the fact it's much rarer than the later Viceroy,
great case, great dial, original plexi, mint Tachymeter bezel, etc....
Weak points are the relumed dial and the chrono hand but I will replace that.

Last thing guys, as I said this is not a Viceroy. So please don't compare the price with the price of a Viceroy.
I am pricing this one pretty high. Quality has a price. Corfam is included ( value around 350-400 euros ).

Price: 4200 euros ( fully insured shipping, 24 month guarantee on the movement and original black corfam included )

( I give a full refund in case the watch would not be as described )

Best regards,
Bernard

Messages In This Thread

FS: EXPENSIVE AUTAVIA 1163 PRE-VICEROY WITH ORIGINAL CORFAM
Re: FS: EXPENSIVE AUTAVIA 1163 PRE-VICEROY WITH ORIGINAL COR
OHPF / Thanks for the smooth deal M *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE