The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Heuer Autavia 2446 - fab.suisse dial

Dear OTD,

Im going to regret this very much but due to some unforeseen events Im selling my Heuer autavia 2446 with 1st execution case and 2nd execution "swiss at bottom" and fab.suisse dial.
I will make an attempt to sell it here before sending it to an auction house.

Here comes the story of the watch, It came to me from France, to be more specific from the same guy who sold the full lume hand autavia that was featured on Hodinkee.
It was in a pretty bad condition lacking the bezel etc. I have with the help of some great friends and collectors (and great amount of money ofc) sourced a correct one.
This watch is perhaps not a collectors piece with top condition but what it lacks in condition it makes up in rarity. It is the only known 2nd exec dialed 2446 with fab.suisse.

Case: Looks untouched to me with original bevels/chamfers still present. Bezel is correct lume triangle bezel as should be on all 1st exec autavia. Correct caseback with small engraving.
Dial: Dial is in very good condition, no scratches or other marks. Part of the lume plot at 12 oclock is missing. Subdials have the light usual lines at 3, 6 and 9 oclock as often seen
on the 2nd exec dials. Hands have probably been relumed in the past.
Movement: Correct signed ED.HEUER&CO valjoux 72 running and keeping time. Service is unknown so it is in need of some love soon.

Price: Im open to all reasonable offers.
Im also willing to take in trades as long as they are cheaper (preferably rolex, heuer and omega).

Shipping: To be discussed with buyer.

References: Plenty of references available from this forum and many others. References will be provided to buyer and I will be asking the same.

Photos:

Messages In This Thread

FS: Heuer Autavia 2446 - fab.suisse dial
Re: FS: Heuer Autavia 2446 - fab.suisse dial
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE