The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

Re: FS: Heuer GF Doublegrain BoR Bracelet Dated 3/67

update: the last links where the bracelet ties into the end links are 17mm wide, outside to outside. The 3 rice beads that would connect to end links are 10 mm wide outside to outside.

The Watch
I received some interest in the watch as well, so here are some more details for it. It is a later and very seldom seen 7220NS(T), in good, honest condition. The Valjoux 72 movement was serviced in early May and is keeping time, winding, and functioning beautifully. The Heuer signed crown does seem larger (thicker) than most I have seen, so perhaps it was a later service replacement. The dial is mesmerizing, transforming from a brushed metallic pewter to a slate gray to a deep matte black depending on the angle and the sunlight.

The case has normal wear for a watch of this age, but retains all of its original finishes and is very honest overall. It has really been a very charming watch to wear, and one I had planned to keep forever, but alas things come up. Serial is 174xxx.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not entirely sure how to put a price on the watch itself since it's not listed in the Heuer Price Guide, I have not seen another come to sale in the last 3-4 years, and the only other one I could find on the forums or Instagram was the one listed in the reference section of On The Dash. There's not a single other one in this dial configuration on IG.

I had originally wanted to sell the bracelet only, but I will entertain all offers through the weekend, with precedent to the strongest offers with watch. Thank you again to all that have reached out and to CT for the space. I have some crude movement shots from service that I can send upon request, but I haven't opened the case back since receiving the watch back from service.

Thanks again,
Colin

: Hi All,

: I'm a long time daily reader, occasional contributor, I've
: exchanged email with some of you, and have made two purchases
: through the forum, but this will be my first time selling.
: Additionally, I'm not as well versed in GF bracelets as many of
: you, so if you have questions, suggestions, or comments, I ask
: that you please email me, I'm always willing to learn.

: For sale: Heuer Gay Freres Double Grain Beads of Rice Bracelet
: Dated 3 / 67 with HLA end links.

: All original, in good condition, and functioning well. 15 links
: currently installed with 2 extras, and note that measurements
: shown below are with the bracelet on the middle micro adjust
: hole with 3 remaining holes smaller/larger.

: The bracelet came on a 7220NS Camaro and correct HLA end links. If
: you are interested in the watch with the bracelet, I am open to
: discussion/offers. Valjoux 72 movement was just serviced,
: functioning and keeping time very well, watch is very clean and
: honest and a seldom seem dial configuration.

: Price for the bracelet and HLA endlinks is $5000 USD net to me via
: PayPal or Wire and I will pay for insured shipping within the
: continental US. Shipping / transactions outside of the US can be
: arranged for the additional shipping difference. I have
: references as a buyer here and OmegaForums, and 100% positive
: feedback on eBay as well. Bracelet, Watch, and I are located in
: Phoenix, AZ for face to face transaction as well.

: Please email me with any questions. My instagram account for
: additional pictures of the bracelet and watch is @meticulist
: Thank you Jeff and CT for the space. -Colin

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

Messages In This Thread

FS: Heuer GF Doublegrain BoR Bracelet Dated 3/67
Re: FS: Heuer GF Doublegrain BoR Bracelet Dated 3/67
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE