The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: EARLY HEUER CARRERA 3647D "SWISS ONLY" DIAL / "ED HEUER"

Hi guys,
I may regret this move one day but ok.
Offering this fabulous Heuer Carrera 3647D with "Swiss only" dial.

Signed ED HEUER:
This is the first execution with the "Ed Heuer" engraving on the movement bridge and inside the case-back.
This early Carrera simply say "SWISS" on the dial and does not have a "T" letter indicating tritium.

EARLY SERIAL NUMBER:
The watch has the serial number "54395" clearly visible between the lugs.
This great Hodinkee review by Eric wind on the first Heuer Carrera's mentions a lowest known serial "54510".
https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/understanding-the-earliest-heuer-carreras
But ok the review is from 2013, probably there are earlier serials out there. I just haven't found any yet.

Ok here some more info on the watch itself:
As far as I know the watch is 100% original except for the inner ring that I changed by a better one ( original part ).
I think it's giving the watch a cleaner look. Of course I include the original inner ring ( see last picture ).

Dial has a lot of patina which gives it that exceptional look. The good thing is that the dial doesn't seem to have any damage or paint loss.
So "patina" really seems to be the right description here.
Dial and hands have the original tritium ( some believe it may be radium but I don't know ).
Hands have lost a part of the original tritium but I preferred keeping them as they are. Of course a relume is always possible.

Case is 100% untouched/unpolished with of course a lot of superficial scratches. No bad nicks or bruises.
Look closely how sharp that case still is. Since never polished a first polish would give the watch a cleaner look though I would not recommend it.

The watch just had a full movement service by my watchmaker. So it's working 100% perfect. The chrono as well.
I give a 12 month guarantee on the movement. Look how clean that movement looks. Please pay attention to the Ed Heuer engravings.

Model: Heuer Carrera 3647D
Serial number: 54395
Movement: Valjoux 92

Delivery: The watch comes with the grey/brown Bulangandsons strap ( worth 109 euros ). Fully insured shipping will also be included.
Payment: bank transfer or Paypal ( +4% )

Since this watch is very hard to price I will let the market decide. My starting price takes into account the dial that has a lot of patina and the case that has some scratches.
On the other hand you get a super rare and very early Carrera in untouched condition that is also mechanically in perfect condition.
So I think it doesn't comes more honest than this.

Price: Looking for offers starting from 5800 euros
( I reserve the right to stop the bidding at any time / the watch will sell with a reserve price of €5,8k )
( I give a full refund in case of any problem or if the watch would not be as described )

Best regards,
Bernard

Picture with the original inner ring:

Messages In This Thread

FS: EARLY HEUER CARRERA 3647D "SWISS ONLY" DIAL / "ED HEUER"
OHPF now *NM*
Re: FS: EARLY HEUER CARRERA 3647D "SWISS ONLY" DIAL / "ED HE
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE