The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Vintage 1960s Omega Seamaster 600 ref. 135.011 Silver Dial

On offer today I have this classic mid-1960s reference 135.011 Omega Seamaster 600 manual winder in water resistant screw back steel case. This handsome SM 600 dates to circa 1965 and features a stunning original non-luminous satin silver dial with elegant black inlaid markers & matching hands. This beautiful dial is Near Mint and overall this fine dress watch is in Excellent vintage condition with minimal if any polish. This model features the highly regarded Omega caliber 601 manual wind movement under the hood, which is running very well. Whether you’re just getting into vintage watches or you’ve been buying them for years this clean 1960s Omega Seamster 600 is a versatile and timeless timepiece that makes a great addition to any collection.

I’m asking $875 USD OBRO for this outstanding example of classic Omega Seamster 600 and I’ll throw in Paypal and fully insured domestic FedEx. International shipping will be +$50. Bank Wire is also fine of course. Other payment options upon application. Payment must be made in US DOLLARS. Watch will ship upon full clearance of the funds, as well as any necessary bank vetting.

CASE: Classic 2-piece screw back all-steel case measures an elegant 34mm wide not including the crown x 40mm long and “wears big” as they say due to the large dial face. There are minor marks throughout consistent with years of wear and a few scratches but no heavy dings. The lugs show minimal if any polish that I can detect and the same goes for the sides -- Excellent vintage condition.

CASEBACK: The outer caseback is one of the few things I can’t rave about on this superb Seamaster, as it appears the original owner wore the watch on a NATO strap (!) and so that has left its pattern embossed in the steel. A little judicious polishing might even that out but I’ll leave that to the next owner. That and some other marks mean the back is in merely Good to Very Good cosmetic condition. But otherwise the engraved Hippocampus in the center is quite sharp and again I don't really see any signs of previous polish. Inside we find the correct reference 135.011 with the other appropriate period nomenclature present including the case maker’s symbol, which I believe represents EPSA of compressor case fame.

DIAL & HANDS: Absolutely beautiful and Near Mint condition original factory-printed non-luminous satin silver dial featuring hand-riveted pointed bar markers with black inlay and applied Omega logo. All original black dial text and minute ticks are crisp and legible. I rate this wonderful dial as Near Mint because there are just a few very small signs of age to the silver sunburst finish that can be seen with a powerful loupe. Of course, on the wrist it registers as essentially flawless. The matching non-luminous stick hands also have black inlay and perhaps show their age a bit more with just a touch of visible oxidation bringing their condition down to Excellent+. Simply put, this Seamaster 600 has a timelessly elegant dial layout that makes it pure class on the wrist.

CROWN: Knurled signed Omega steel winding crown is Near Mint. Unlike those on a lot of other dress models it’s nice and chunky and easy to grip. The crown winds and pulls out to set the time as it should.

CRYSTAL: Domed acrylic crystal with the Omega symbol the middle has only minor marks and is quite clear and chip free, easily Excellent condition.

MOVEMENT: Powering this vintage Seamaster 600 is Omega's high grade in-house 17-Jewel caliber 601 manual wind movement with 2 positional adjustments. The movement serial number of 22 million dates the watch to circa 1965. While the service history is unknown to me, the movement looks very bright and is running strong and keeping good time. It is guaranteed to be working properly at the time of shipment.

STRAP: This handsome SM 600 comes on a lightly used unpadded dark blue Hirsch alligator strap with generic steel buckle. This watch has a lug width of 18mm.

As a matter of policy, I make NO guarantees for the water resistance of this watch in any way, shape or form.

This great Vintage Omega Seamaster 600 is offered with a 3-day inspection period from the date of receipt and may be returned for a full refund less any shipping costs incurred by the buyer. This refund is unconditional and once I get the watch back in exactly the same condition as it was sent to you, your money will be refunded. Of course, once the 3 days are over the sale will be considered FINAL.

Thanks for looking,
T.
tomvox1@hotmail.com

Messages In This Thread

FS: Vintage 1960s Omega Seamaster 600 ref. 135.011 Silver Dial
ON HOLD. Best, T. nt
SOLD. Best, T. nt *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE