The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Omega Speedmaster 145.022-71

For Sale: Omega Speedmaster 145.022-71, Serial 3284xxxx

Why am I selling?
Doesn't fit into the collection I'm trying to curate long term.

Provenance
Nothing special on this one, just an honest Speedy. Bought from South America, hence the service history is unknown.

Condition
General Notes: The watch is overall in good but used condition, worn but not overly so. All the specifics (hands/dial/bezel/crown/pushers/case/movement serial) are period correct for a -71. The watch is running and chronograph functions normally. It winds, sets, and the chronograph functions without any issue. The watch is accurate for regularly daily wear but I don't have a watch timer so can't vouch for the +/- per day. Service is recommended.
Dial: The C1 step dial is in good shape with no major blemishes and all intact lume with a creamy hue. The dial has some very light spotting that is even throughout. If you click on the picture above you can see this on the high resolution version. There are small marks on the running seconds sub dial and between the hour and minute sub dial but are not distracting.
Hands: The hands appear original with and have darker lume that is intact on the hour and minute hand (with cracking noted) and missing on the chronograph hand.
Bezel: The bezel is a B2 "dot close to 70," which is period correct and in good condition that matches the overall aesthetic of the watch - mild wear but appealing. Very minor chipping at the edges but 98% intact.
Case / Crown / Pushers / Case Back: Case is in good condition, appears unpolished with natural wear to my eye but please look at the pictures and decide for yourself. Crown is correct B2 and pushers appear original with wear consistent with the rest of the watch. Case back appears sharp.

Accessories:
NATO strap provided.

Price is $3750 net to me, by bank wire (plus cost of insured delivery).

Terms and Payments:
Payment is by bank wire to my bank in the United States. I will consider other means of payment on a case-by-case basis. Watch will be shipped and insured for the price above via Parcel Pro. It will be declared for the price above if shipping abroad. Watch is currently in Chicago, IL, USA.

An exchange of ID Documents and a talk on the phone if I don't know you will ensure both of us are happy with who we are. No returns for buyers remorse, only if the watch is not as described and then only within 7 days of purchase from date of delivery.

Thanks for looking, enjoy the rest of the pictures.

-- Andrew

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE