The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Certina Chronolympic chrono with Valjoux 726, Ref. 8501 503

Hi,

I want to sell another interesting watch.
It is a Certina chronolympic chronograph Ref. 8501 503 (the first Certina Chronolympic chronograph!).
I have found this nice watch on its rare genuine stainless steel bracelet in good conditions.
The previous owner has given that watch to me as he has found it and i think, it is all original.
It is a very honest, nice chronograph.
It is signed with "Certina" five times, the dial, the crown, the movement,the back and the clasp.
The movement is the great columnwheel Valjoux 726, a Valjoux 72 with faster beat.
The watch measures 38,5mm x 43,5mm and has 13.5mm height.
The serial number 8310xxx date it on 1970 (http://www.vintagecertinas.ch/de/certina-gehause-werk-und-seriennummern/)
A real nice honest chronograph with a beautiful and valuable movement.

The chronograph has a dark blue dial, which has some colour imperfections.
The tritium has reacted a little bit with the colour of the dial, but over all, the dial is in a pleasable condition.
The hands has lost some paint, but thats it.
The case in in an unpolished condition with nice sharp edges and you can see the original finish on the top.
The bracelet is double-signed and in good condition.
Watch + bracelet fits a wrist up to 19cm.
The back has only minor signs of use (only from opener).

The movement is a clean looking very nice Valjoux 726 and it is all signed.
The service history is not known, but the movement looks clean and the watch holds accurate time (see pic with timegrapher).
All functions are working.

Over all a honest early Certina Chronolympic chronograph with his rare genuine stainless steel bracelet and a great movement!

The watch is located in germany.
An EU deal is preferred.

I have searched for a price for this nice and honest watch, but could not find many references.
Because of the colour imperfections on the dial, I will set the price at low 1390 Euro + shipping.
This should be a very fair price for a genuine Certina Chronolympic chronograph with original steel bracelet and this great Valjoux 726 movement.
Payment per bank wire or Paypal F+F, if Paypal, please add 4% for fees.

I have done a few deals here and a lot of deals at german uhrforum.
If you need further references, please let me know.
My Email: KPK-1208(at)web(point)de

Pics:

Best regards,
Peter

Messages In This Thread

FS: Certina Chronolympic chrono with Valjoux 726, Ref. 8501 503
Re: FS: Certina Chronolympic chrono with Valjoux 726, Ref. 8
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE