The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: 1930s Heuer Flieger Gilt Chronograph

Hello everyone! I am offering my 1930s Heuer Flieger Chronograph for sale, here on OTD, prior to listing on my site. I feel that the condition and rarity of this example warrants it being placed in the home of someone from this forum, so I wanted everyone here to get first crack.

Without further ado, let's get down to it: 1930s (maybe 1940s, but unlikely) Heuer Flieger "Two Button", 39mm excl. crown, first created by Heuer as aviation watches from adopted pocket watches. These watches were also issued to the German army during WWII (although this one is not issued, hence my belief that it is pre-1940s). The condition on this watch is incredible. The nickel-plated case is extremely well-preserved, only showing the most minor of deterioration on the outside of the caseback. The dial is fantastic - super glossy still and only showing minor wear/tool marks within the registers, only visible at angles. Overall, for a gilt dial, it is hard to find a specimen much better than this. The dial on the lume and hands appear original, aged to a golden yellow, and reading on a geiger meter. The lume in the rotating bezel marker has been redone at some point in the past, and glows for a few seconds, so it appears to be an old relume. The crown is a replacement, and this is the way I purchased the watch; I believe that my watchmaker has a more correct-looking crown, and would be happy to look into changing it for any prospective buyer, but i cannot guarantee the success of it.

Asking $9,500 for this one, with free worldwide shipping, FedEx priority (fully insured). Those who have dealt with me in the past know that I am always negotiable and fair, but please don't waste both of our time with a lowball offer :)

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I can be reached at info@mentawatches.com. Thanks for looking and thanks Jeff! (I know you have your hands full right now, congrats again!)

Photos can be viewed on DropBox here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cyu6ncetjzo15nq/AADcCrWmUvKa6tj2fiAQyxBqa?dl=0

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE