The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Year-End Clearance –- Four Autavias / Orange Boy

We are deep into December, so it’s the time of the year when I look through the watches and see which didn’t get much wrist-time in 2017. If they haven’t been worn over the past year, or haven’t been worn enough, then it’s time for them to go to new homes. All watches are from my collection, are “new to the market”, and are operating properly / keeping good time.

You can see lots of additional photos of all four watches HERE. These same photos of each watch are in the OnTheDash galleries, so you can compare these four watches to other samples by looking in the usual OTD galleries.

Autavia Ref 1163 “Orange Boy” (Serial 204385). Over the last few years, people have used the name “Orange Boy” for a lot of different Autavias, but this one is the real thing, with the name first being used in a posting by “Alex” in an April 2007 posting. This “Orange Boy” has it all – the orange accents are brighter than on any other watch that I have seen [sorry that they look a little flat in the late-night photos]; the bracelet appears to be original (marked 3/70); and I had the watch serviced in 2015. I believe that the finish on the watch is original; if it was polished, it was done very well, many years ago. I will accept the best offer over $16,000, and I expect to allow a reasonable time for people to make offers. But I will consider a quick sale, for a very strong offer, so plan your strategy accordingly.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Autavia Ref 1163 GMT – Mark Two (Serial 225408). Once upon a time, I wanted to own all three of the Reference 1163 GMTs, and having experienced that joy, now it’s time to sell at least one of them. So this “Mark 2” will be moving to a new home. This one has the bright red needles on the chronograph recorders, with the bright orange for the chronograph second hand and the soft green / yellow for the GMT hand. I am confident that the case has its original finish, and has not been polished. The price for this one is $12,000 (or near offer).

Autavia Ref 11063 MH (Serial 395398). This is the “Big Boy” among the Autavias – the final version of the automatic case, Reference 11063. It measures 40 mm across the dial and 47.5 mm, lug-to-lug, with a thickness of 15 mm. This has the bright black dial, with the charcoal registers, and the tan / cream accents; with a mineral crystal. The case has razor-sharp edges, and I am confident that it has not been refinished. The price for this one is $5,500 (or near offer).

Autavia Ref 2446C GMT – Mark 3 (Serial 195675). This is the manual-winding Autavia GMT, in the snap-back “compressor” case. The Mark 3 dial has larger, stepped registers and is marked "Swiss"; the hands are polished steel, with luminous inserts; the chronograph second hand is red; and the pushers are fluted. These are notoriously difficult to photograph, as the slightest blemishes on the bezel are amplified by the shiny surface. The bezel on this one is very bright, with strong colors on both the blue side (nights) and the red side (days). I had this watch serviced, within the past year (with some warranty remaining). The price for this one is $9,500 (or near offer).

Payment is only by bank wire, personal check or cashier’s check; no PayPal; buyer covers shipping and insurance. Send me an email with any questions or requests.

Thanks for looking!!

Jeff

Messages In This Thread

FS: Year-End Clearance –- Four Autavias / Orange Boy
Autavia Ref 11063 MH is Sold
Autavia Ref 2446C GMT is Sold (OHPP)
Autavia 1163 GMT is Sold (OHPP)
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE