The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Blue Tudor Submariner 79090 as NOS w/all boxes & papers *PIC*

I know I'll regret selling this one but I am not wearing it and will not - it's just too new.

First, I should probably state, I am a watch junkie - that song Willie Nelson wrote about "Momma, don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys!" - well, he should have written one about watch junkies!!

I purchased this Tudor Sub from it's original owner, a retired airline pilot, who had only worn it three times, keeping it in a safe when it wasn't worn. He had purchased it in 1992. I was a little skeptical on the "having been worn 3 times" until i saw it in person. I have worn it maybe 3 or 4 times myself, and every time I did, it picked up a couple of hairline scratches on the bracelet or clasp - very very minor ones, but it irritated me to be doing that to a virtually brand new condition drop dead georgous Tudor Sub. So I haven't worn it. In the meantime, I've picked up well used two 7928s, a 7016, a Blue 9411 w/"snowies", and am now on the hunt for a 7922 or 7924, a blue 9401 & a blue 7021. I will consider trades against any of those.

The Markers, dial etc, every aspect shows zero patina - no ageing whatsoever. I suspect the light deprived environment was a strong factor.

Just to give you an idea of the watch's "wrist appeal", the original reason I had bought it, was to try out the balance & feel of a rolex sub, as I was interested in a rulex submariner - and I knew the Tudor subs had the same case, weight, balance etc. I'd already gone thru too many watches that once they arrive, don't sit correctly or balance right on my wrist, so I figured I'd give a "poor man's rolex" a try. I liked it so much, I forgot all about the rolex sub, and as described above, was smitten by the tudor subs so much, I have been adding vintage tudor subs to my collection.

This watch just came back from Rolex svc center in March (Ben Bridges, Washington State, USA).

Description - this watch has so much "pop" on your wrist, anyone that sees it will be commenting - even non-watch nuts. I wore it to two casual or semi-formal dinners and both times received compliments. It's a shame Rolex doesn't offer a similiar blue dial/bezel combination (non-gold). It comes with all it's original papers: warranty certificate, owner's manual, sales receipt, and copies of the two rolex svc center receipts (it had been serviced one time previously by Ben Bridges Rolex Center). The original Bracelet is full length with it's signed Tudor clas. A few of the links have been removed to size it to my wrist (the removed links are included).

Bezel diameter, w/o crown is 39.5MM.
Timekeeping: well within COSC specs at + 4-5 seconds a day.

There are three "negatives" or "defects":

1) When I first received it, I took it into a local rolex AD to have the bracelet sized to my wrist. The bracelet links are the folded type and I didn't want to risk scratching or bending improperly. Went to pick it up and one link has a slight indentation where the rolex repairman was a little too "aggressive" with whatever pliers or tools he used to crimp the link back.

2) The pearl in the bezel at 12:00 seems to have a fracture crack in it - I can't capture it with the camera but for the sake of disclosure, I thought I should mention.

3) The warranty certificate references the wrong serial number. My seller informed me of this - indicating he had discovered it when he sent the watch into rolex center for it's first servicing - unfortunately, the jewelery store he had purchased it from in Florida (in 1992) had since gone out of business. Serial number on the certificate is close but not the exact number, so obviously, the certificates were mixed up at time of sale.

I have about 30 TZ references, with about 14 - 15 of those being international references, some from buyers on this very forum and will be glad to provide those to anyone interested. I also have a letter I have used for my international buyers that has helped my watches travel through customs at their borders, without tariffs or taxes. But that will be at the buyer's discretion. Please do not ask me for that letter just for the sake of having a copy. Again, my international buyers can confirm that aspect, as well.

If you have any questions, feel free to email or call - my cell is 001-804-502-0449, but please, no calls before 9:30AM or after 9:30PM EST (New York time) USA

I'm located in Richmond, VA in case anyone wishes to inspect it in person.

Price: $3950 + shipping. Paypal is fine, but will need to add the fees (4 - 5% on international). If you can pay by Paypal Echeck, those fees are less, but require a little more time for funds to clear, and shipping will not occur until funds have cleared to my account.

There are additional two pages of photos at: http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1993233

thanks for looking

Larry

Messages In This Thread

FS: Blue Tudor Submariner 79090 as NOS w/all boxes & papers *PIC*
SOLD Pending funds *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE