The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Selectron Lemania 1872 R817 (Viggen, Tissot Navigator)

Hello All,
I am Re-posting one of my favorite watches to date. Selectron Chronograph Swiss Lemania 1872 Ref 817 case (Not to be confused with Chronograph Suisse or O&W Selectron). This watch as you can see is essentially the exact same watch as the Lemania Viggen or SAAF or Tissot Navigator, but it has a lemania signed movement as the military versions. This is fully a civilian model made by a Swiss company that doesn't seem to have produced many watches or lasted long. They must have purchased the watches from Lemania and just branded the dial. I've posted my watch and a cool split photo I found on the web showing the differences between the Lemania issued to the Viggen pilots and the other issued to the South African Air force. My selectron has the identical dial to the Viggen, but the bezel from the SAAF which is more in line with the Tissot version except for the Tissot has blue subdials and a tissot branded lemania movement. The the case is in excellent condition with two small dings one on the upper lug and one on the side of the case, the dial, crystal, hands, bezel and movement are perfect and look brand new. The watch was serviced by the previous owner by a rolex authorized workshop and done in 2014. Watch runs flawlessly and hold time without issue. The incredible creamy lume on this watch is just unbelievable. Lumed hands and arabic numerals still hold a few minutes or longer of charge when lit. I was obsessed with the Viggen until I found this watch (since it's the same) but obviously without the military lineage or markings. I am by no means comparing this to the value of the Viggen, but nevertheless it remains a very rare and incredibly beautiful large (40mm without crown) and most satisfying watch. I am open to the possibility of some trades but really looking to sell to fund another find. I have this on Ebay at $7,500 because of ridiculous fees. Looking fr $6,500 US (Net To Me) FIRM. I'm located in NYC. This watch is KILLER!!!!

Messages In This Thread

FS: Selectron Lemania 1872 R817 (Viggen, Tissot Navigator)
FS: OHPF *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE