The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: REDUCED x2 - Longines Legend Diver NO DATE Model B&P

Up for sale is this now discontinued Longines Legend Diver ref. L3.674.4.56.3 This is the more uncommon and desirable Legend reissue without date function or depth rating on the dial so it’s about as close as you can come to the original Legend Diver without shelling out over $10k. This big stainless steel dive watch features a classic crosshatch twin crown super compressor design and a gorgeous glossy black dial with inner rotating bezel that is a very faithful rendition of the original. This beautiful Longines Legend reissue comes with inner and outer boxes, hang tag, instruction manual & Sports Legends booklet, as well as its dealer-stamped Longines International Guarantee credit card. I have worn this great watch in rotation with some of my other modern pieces and it is in Excellent overall condition with some minor marks to the unpolished case. In addition to its original Longines kevlar-style strap with signed buckle I am also including a high quality Italian leather strap in ocher-tan that I hand-picked for the watch and looks fantastic on it, as you can see from the pictures.

The asking price for this fantastic discontinued Longines Legend No Date with boxes and papers is now further REDUCED to just $2175 USD OBRO. This price includes fully insured domestic US shipping. Due to the size of the box set I do prefer a domestic US deal but if a non-American buyer is interested I will listen and international shipping can be arranged at cost (around +$100). Bank Wire strongly preferred but Paypal is OK on this transaction with split fees (+2% to the buyer). Other payment options upon application. Watch will ship upon full clearance of the funds, as well as any necessary bank vetting. Payment must be made in US DOLLARS.

CASE & CASEBACK: Large steel water resistant 2-piece super-compressor style screwed case measures 42mm wide by 52mm long by about 13mm thick. It is unpolished and has a few minor marks from wear, particularly some scrapes to the non-crown side and small nicks on the upper left and lower right lugs — all in all Excellent used condition. The caseback is likewise unpolished and Excellent with some light scratches and has all the cool old school Longines engravings and nomenclature that harken back to the original Legend model of the 1960s. External serial number is complete and matches the paperwork but has been partially obscured in photos for the sake of the new owner.

DIAL & HANDS: The dial on this watch is a thing of beauty — super glossy black finish with aged looking quarter Arabic numerals and small Luminova accents with a matching inner rotating elapsed time diver’s bezel with oversized numerals for easy legibility. Without the date aperture or any depth rating this version of the Legend dial is about as close to the original as you can get. The same goes for the distinctive stick-and-spade handset. As you would expect from a modern watch the dial and hands are Mint and have good, strongly active luminous components.

CRYSTAL: Extra-thick slightly curved but low domed sapphire crystal is a bit of a dust and fingerprint magnet but is essentially flawless and unmarred.

MOVEMENT: As far as I know this great Legend has never been serviced (it was only sold in 2014). It features a Longines Cal. L633 (modified ETA 2824) that is keeping excellent time with the hacking function working as it should and a strong power reserve. This is guaranteed to be the case at the time of shipping.

CROWNS: The two oversized super compressor-style crosshatched steel crowns both screw down on this watch. The top crown controls the inner rotating elapsed-time bezel and the bottom crown winds the movement and sets the time. They both screw down smoothly and tightly and unscrew to their function positions exactly as designed.

B & P: This Legend Diver comes with its huge original box set —outer cardboard box and inner wood box — as well as its original Longines International Warranty credit card stamped by a dealer, multi-model general Instructions for Use manual and Sports Legends booklet, as well as the original hang tag.

STRAPS: This great Longines comes with its original black kevlar-style strap with signed steel buckle, which I never wore. It also comes with a much more robust and high quality Italian leather strap currently mounted on the watch that I hand-picked as its perfect strapmate. The lug width of this Legend is 22mm.

As a matter of policy I make no guarantees for the water resistance of this watch in any way shape or form. With a 300 meter depth rating, however, a good watchmaker will be able to test that for you and then you can go nuts with this rugged diver.

This guaranteed authentic Longines Legend reissue is offered with a 3-day inspection period from the date of receipt and may be returned for a full refund (less any shipping costs incurred by the buyer). This refund is unconditional and once I get the watch back in exactly the same condition as it was sent to you, your money will be refunded. Of course, once the 3 days are over the sale will be considered FINAL.

Thanks for looking,
T.
tomvox1@hotmail.com

Messages In This Thread

FS: REDUCED x2 - Longines Legend Diver NO DATE Model B&P
ON HOLD. Best, T. nt
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE