The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: FS: 1969 Vintage Speedmaster Pro Mark II – Immaculate

I have never seen or owned a Mark II that is as pristine as this beauty. The whole chrono is in immaculate condition and recently overhauled/restored ( TZ rating I would be conservative to say 90- 95%) in February ‘08 by previous owner. I need to make room in my collection for 2 other pieces so I have to let this one go to a new home!

Based on Omega’s own serial number dating system - this is a 1969 production (Ref. 145.014, Ser. 28,xxx,xxx), the year that the MarkII was released. I will not go into the history of the MarkIIIchrono as, chances are, if you have read thus far on my posting you know it or will know where to go and read up on it!

MOVEMENT
The Mark II uses a Cal. 861 movement. It is the same 17-jewel movement that powered the contemporary Speedmaster Pro Moon Watch. The movement was completely and professionally overhauled on February 10, 2008. Winding is super smooth and accuracy rivals COSC standards! All chronograph functions work exactly as they should and the chrono hands zero precisely

CASE
Case dimensions as follows: 41.5mm in diameter w/o crown, 43.5mm with the crown; 45mm in length lug-to-lug; and 14.5mm in thickness. The inside lug-width is 20mm. The centre of the case back has the Omega seahorse engraved logo. For a chrono of this vintage, the case is in almost pristine condition

DIAL, HANDS & CRYSTAL,
The dial and hands are “”Brand-New Old Stock” (NOS) genuine Omega Mark II parts that were installed professionally during the recent overhaul. The lume on the markers and hands is very strong.
The crystal is in absolutely mint condition with no visible signs of contact. Unlike the Speedmaster Pro Moon, which has an acrylic crystal, the Mark II was manufactured with a more resilient sapphire crystal which is difficult to scratch or chip.

BRACELET
On the watch is an NOS Omega bracelet specifically for this model – reference 1162/173. A spare link will be with the bracelet.

A beautiful piece for a collector or for everyday wear. I have plenty of TZ refs, 100% positive ebay feedback and Watchnet "Good Guys" posting on request. Email or contact me for more pics of this vintage piece – NO Trades please. I will accept paypal with fee.

My price including shipping worldwide is 1,650 USD – will discuss offers.

Thanks for looking

George
Kitwegeorge@ntlworld.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE