The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: NEW PRICE! Vintage Rolex 1675 GMT-Master Long E Pepsi

Up for sale is this classic late 1960s reference 1675 Rolex GMT-Master with Mint original Mark I “Long E” matte dial and stunning magenta/faded denim Pepsi bezel insert. This handsome vintage GMT features a 2.1 million serial number and an inner caseback date/quarter stamp of IV.68. The late ‘60s GMT-Master with Mark I matte dial is one of the hottest vintage watches out there right now, finally getting its due after many years of being overshadowed by Submariners, and this is a beautiful example in overall Excellent+ vintage condition. The killer Tritium dial gorgeously aged insert make it a very special Rolex for the discerning collector. It comes on a period correct folded Oyster bracelet and was last serviced late in 2015 and so is running like a top and ready for action on the wrist of its new owner.

The asking price for this iconic Vintage Rolex GMT is now NEWLY LOWERED to just $15,350 USD OBRO including fully insured shipping worldwide. Just mention that you saw the ad here & you get the preferred price. Payment by Bank Wire greatly preferred. Other payment options upon request. Payment must be made in US DOLLARS. Watch will ship upon full clearance of the funds, as well as any necessary bank vetting. Please contact me at tomvox1@hotmail.com for all inquiries.

CASE & BACK: The all-steel case of this GMT is easily in overall Excellent vintage condition with some light cosmetic scratches but no real dings to speak of. The case has been polished in the past but the lugs and crown guards are still thick. Complete 2,145,xxx serial number is present though somewhat worn and it also looks as if a watchmaker/jeweler may have re-engraved the bottom of a few of the numerals by hand to make them more legible. Model number is also legible despite some bracelet marks between the lugs. The caseback is in Excellent+ condition with some minor older tool marks and the typical light scratches. The inner caseback is dated “IV.68," which matches both the serial number as well as this era of first generation matte dial. All other Rolex nomenclature of the period is also present. Both the inner back and caseback have negligible corrosion.

DIAL & HANDS: I don’t throw around the word Mint very often but this Long E dial is definitely that. Gorgeous jet black matte dial with all white printing crisp and present and all beautiful original creamy Tritium lume plots intact. The hands are also very nice with their lume showing the years a bit more. There is some texture and tonal variety indicating that perhaps they have been lightly touched up to preserve the lume and/or match the dial? I have louped them quite closely and it’s still very hard for me to say for sure but I suppose I would err on the side of their being possibly retouched. They do match the dial in tone very well regardless — Excellent+ condition for the hands including the big triangle GMT hand. Correct closed "6" & hooked "7" thick font date disc is also present and very clean. Simply put this is about as good as a 50-year-old GMT dial gets.

BEZEL & INSERT: Knurled steel bidirectional bezel for reading the second timezone is in Excellent condition. As can be seen by the pictures, the original 24-hour Pepsi bezel insert has aged to a lovely magenta and faded denim hue. The insert is in Excellent condition with only some light scratches/nicks. The bezel rotates smoothly in both directions with firm finger pressure for calculation of the second time zone in conjunction with the 24-hour hand. As everyone now seems to realize, an original faded bezel insert like this beauty is a big part of the value of a vintage Rolex sports model and this one is a stunner.

CROWN: The signed GMT-specific Twinlock crown screws down tightly and pulls out to the winding and time-setting positions exactly as designed.

CRYSTAL: Low sitting Cyclops crystal appears as if it has been on the watch for quite some time as the bevel is softened and there are numerous very subtle scratches and mild crazing visible under a loupe despite having been polished. Nevertheless it is still clear with strong date magnification — Excellent condition for an older acrylic crystal.

MOVEMENT: This 1675 features the legendary cal. 1575 GMT 26-jewel chronometer grade movement (marked "1570" on the bridge, as is common) adjusted to 5 positions and temperature. This movement is non-hacking, which is correct for its era of production. This GMT was last serviced in November 2015 by the same watchmaker that I use so it is running very well with all functions — accurate timekeeping, instantaneous date change circa midnight, synchronized 24-hour GMT hand and strong power reserve — operating as they should. I guarantee this to be the case when the watch is shipped.

BRACELET: This GMT comes on a period correct Swiss-made Rolex 7836 folded Oyster bracelet with "280" end pieces and date coded 1.70. This folded Oyster has moderate stretch and some scratches to the links and the clasp, Very Good condition with a nice tight closing action. It is not the longest example at 11 total links and will only fit up to around a 7 1/4” wrist at maximum micro-adjustment.

Having opened the watch to take pictures and then re-sealed it with only my hand wrench, I make NO guarantees for the water resistance of this GMT. Have it tested by your watchmaker and then go nuts if you so choose.

This great Vintage Rolex is offered with a 3-day inspection period from the date of receipt and may be returned for a full refund (less any shipping costs incurred by the buyer). This refund is unconditional and once I get the watch back in exactly the same condition as it was sent to you, your money will be refunded. Of course, once the 3 days are over the sale will be considered FINAL.

Thanks for looking,
T.
tomvox1@hotmail.com

Messages In This Thread

FS: NEW PRICE! Vintage Rolex 1675 GMT-Master Long E Pepsi
ON HOLD. Best, T. nt
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE