The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Heuer Carrera "Dato" Ref. 3147S First Execution

I've been on a buying spree over the past month or so, and specifically with a couple Carreras, which has narrowed my focus on which ones can stay. My loss is someone else's gain. The first execution Heuer Carrera 3147S is a very seldom seen watch, and particularly in this condition. This particular watch was originally a retirement gift, and not having tickled the fancy of the original owner, it sat in a drawer for its entire life. Upon the owner's death, the watch was inherited by his son, who had it serviced and then listed it for sale, which is where I found the watch.

Full story on the watch can be read on my site (not a plug, just don't want to re-type it all here): http://www.bazamu.com/heuer-carrera-dato-45/

Condition report as follows:

Case / Crown: Case is in great shape and retains the sharp, angled lugs that grace all 60's Carreras (the most beautiful case ever made for a sports watch, in my opinion). The watch exhibits many of the trademarks of a "drawer watch" and the case is Exhibit A. The crown is a generic replacement (the only non-original part of the watch).

Dial / Handset: Pristine dial and hands with creamy patina. The hands have a small amount of oxidation on the steel, but the lume is unaffected. The datewheel is in perfect condition, with vibrant red numbers. There are three specks of dust on the underside of the crystal and one dust particle sitting near the 7 o'clock marker on the dial. It never bothered me enough to open the watch, but it should be an extremely simple maneuver for the next buyer should it bother them. Importantly, the dial is in perfect condition and anything you see is resting on the underside of the crystal or on top of the dial.

Caseback: The caseback is engraved to "Tom Ledgerwood," the original owner of the watch. As with the rest of the case, the engraving is crisp and the caseback in perfect condition.

Movement / Functionality: As mentioned above, it was serviced right before I purchased the watch. The longer I collect, the less willing I am to open up a perfectly functioning watch just in the name of snapping a picture or ogling the movement. From a functionality standpoint, it winds smoothly, keeps great time, and the chronograph starts, stops, and resets crisply and accurately. Sold as-is but if there were an unexpected issue, I'm more than willing to work with the buyer to resolve it.

Bracelet: The watch will be sold on a vintage generic "beads of rice" bracelet shown here in the pictures.

My price is $13,000 with payment via PayPal (add 3% if using PP) or direct bank wire. US sale preferred, international sales will pay the cost of shipping. Face-to-face in Chicago is also welcome for local buyers. Finally, I have plenty of references available as a buyer and seller that I can provide if necessary.

Please reach out to bazamuwatches@gmail.com with any questions.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE