The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Movado Super Sub Sea Vintage

For sale is my Movado Super Sub Sea

Ive been hesitant to sell this near mint watch for a long time as it has accompanied me through a couple of chapters in my life. All this aside, I am finally selling my watch due to some projects that will require the funds.

I took ownership of this watch in the second half of 2016 from one of my close friends who has been collecting watches since the 90s. At the time, my friend came across this watch from the first owner in early 2000s, bought it, and stored it. Years later I found out that he had this watch. Took me a few years to gather the funds as I was a student back then. Finally bought the watch once the right opportunity came to me.

The watch:

The watch was bought and stored for years, id say between early 2000s to 2016 with occasional wrist time between then. Even after I took ownership, Ive rarely strapped it on my wrist.

Case: Case is unpolished, edges are still very sharp. Lettering of the “Super Sub Sea” is crisp and legible. Movado atom logo is in perfect condition. I am claiming this watch to be unpolished because of the case having hairline scratches all over, as well as reflections of light being even. 41mm diameter, sits well on the wrist. 22mm lug width.

Hands and Dial: The dial is in perfect shape. The Tritium on both dial and hands aged the same, this is evident through the color. The chronograph hand has the rectangular lume at the end, which is correct for this watch. The sub-dial hands are blued, which is also correct for this watch.

Movement: Chronograph bridge states Zenith, which is correct. Both Movado and Zenith have been known to be seen on this component. Movement is the Zenith/Movado 146HP. I haven’t gotten the watch serviced since I’ve owned it. Watch keeps decent time, I never noticed the watch loosing or gaining any significant amount of time.

Bezel: All original with original lume pip at the “0” mark. No sign of ware or fading.

Bracelet: Original NSA Movado Bracelet, which I bought separately from the watch. Currently has 20mm end links. Extra links will be provided.

Crystal: Original Movado signed crystal.

Crown: Original Movado signed crown.

Additional straps: I’ve made an oyster strap to go along with the watch, this will be included so you wont have to wear the NSA bracelet all the time. ive mostly worn the watch on this bracelet. endlinks are correct for the Movado ladder bracelet, which also fits my modified oyster bracelet.

An additional Movado bracelet will also be added to the sale. The bracelet is 18mm.

An additional 2 bespoke leather straps are included in the sale; made by “Longspur Made”. The owner of the leather watch strap company is a close friend of mine and made me 2 beautiful straps in black saffiano leather and tan crocodile leather. the crocodile leather tan strap has a period correct Movado signed buckle, which took my friend forever to find, also included in the sale.

As far as myself, I have a ton of references both personal and online references. If you’d like to see some of my work and association please don’t hesitate to ask.

I am offering this beautiful example for $12,500 USD shipping included.

I travel a fair bit so I also don’t mind a hand delivery of the watch, all depends on where you’re located.

Please email me if you have any questions, need more pictures, or are seriously interested in purchasing the watch.

chronocouver@gmail.com

Pictures:

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/chronocouver/library/Movado%20SSS

Messages In This Thread

FS: Movado Super Sub Sea Vintage
Re: FS: Movado Super Sub Sea Vintage
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE