The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

Re: Traded: BUYER BEWARE: Janez Grom instagram - Vintage_Kro

Some facts repeated again:

- You stated a watch as 'all original' which I trusted (mistakenly) after only doing a brief check (turler dial cal 321s are not very common)
- We actually sent our watches at the same time, not sure why you're stating otherwise, but that's unrelated
- The movement was far from functional (you stated it as working perfectly) and the dial and hands are entirely incorrect (redial and incorrect hands)
- As soon as a (respectfully!) pointed this out to you by whatsapp and email, you immediately stopped responding to me

All the above is true, and frankly it looks like you're trying to dig yourself out of a hole (understandably defensive) when you're the one that screwed me over, which is infuriating.

What I would expect, as I mentioned in my messages to you (that you didn't respond to) is that you maybe didn't know it was a redial, therefore offer me financial compensation OR perhaps a trade back as you suggested on this forum. You however immediately stopped responding, leading my to believe that you did indeed know and were just trying to get away with it. Hence my public defamatory posts!

Calling my claims fraudulent would be fair if the watch was indeed original....... but it isn't. Mate you're some guy with like 30 watches, why are you trying to con me to get a breitling rcaf? You don't need to! You can clearly afford it!

: ​Here we go again Robin Hu.

: I am sure that repeating a lie will not change it to truth even if
: you are persistent enough.

: If after quite some time after receiving the watch you changed your
: mind on a deal where you had an upper hand for all the
: time...well that's your problem. You received the watch, the
: money, had a chance to inspect it and only then you sent your
: watch to me! I doubt there are many people out there with the
: level of trust and good confidence I gave you.

: I AM A REPUTABLE COLLECTOR AND EXTREMELY SERIOUS (with zero
: tolerance for jokers, time-wasters and not honest individuals)
: in many fields with hundreds of references among great friends
: allover the globe and references that go far beyond the world of
: collecting watches.

: I built lasting friendships and some rather nice collections
: through honesty and respect of others.

: You are the one and only and probably the only reason why is
: because you "tried" and failed to achieve you
: fraudulent gain.
: What can I say... Keep on posting on all the possible forums. You
: are just misusing the space of the platform given to members.
: Some other members on other forums also gave their spontaneous
: response to your statements,

: If you think you have a legitimate claim than please contact me
: through appropriate channels and we will deal with it. You have
: all my details I believe. If not I can give them to you.

: Or... keep on typing.

: :

: :

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE