The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: 70s Wakmann-Gigandet Triple Date Chrono *PVD*/Val 730

Up for sale is this rare and unusual Wakmann-Gigandet Triple Date Chronograph featuring the fabled Valjoux caliber 730 movement and large 40mm PVD coated cushion style case. In true Near Mint condition, I have never seen another Wakmann-Gigandet like this one and I would guess it dates from the late 1960s/early 1970s. This is a great opportunity to own an always-desirable Valjoux Triple Date Chrono with a really unique and sporty configuration.

The price for this rare Wakmann-Gigandet is $1,200 USD including fully insured worldwide shipping and Paypal (eCheck preferred). I will also accept Bank Wire, Cashier’s Check or Money Orders. Personal check is also OK if I know you. Payment must be made in US DOLLARS. Watch will ship upon full clearance of the funds, as well as any necessary bank vetting.

CASE & BACK: Really unusual and cool PVD-coated cushion shaped base metal case in Mint condition with no wear to the PVD coating and no scratches or dings. It is also much larger than most Wakmann-Gigandet Triples at around 40mm. Stainless steel screw back with some minor tool marks on the outside and some scratches on the inside but no corrosion; signed “PINGOUIN WATCH CO-SWISS.”

DIAL & HANDS: Original and complex Speedmaster-like dial in Mint condition features chronograph registers, constant seconds, apertures for the day and month and Tachymeter calibration, with outer date ring (which is not a part of the dial actually) Near Mint due to a small mark on the number “7.” The dial itself does not have any luminous material and is not so marked. All hands are easily in near mint condition, including the super cool orange-tipped date pointer and the luminous hour and minute hands.

MOVEMENT: Legendary Valjoux 730 (the last evolution of the VZHC/72c) with stunning gilt finish in pristine condition. I do not know the watch’s service history but all complications function as they should: the chronograph starts, stops, resets and totals perfectly and the triple date functions exactly as it should (the month must be set manually, as on all manual wind Valjoux Triple Chrono calibers).

CROWN & PUSHERS: The push in PVD-coated crown winds properly and pulls out to the time-setting position as it should and the matching pushers start, stop and reset the chronograph crisply. On the opposite side, the top (day & month) and bottom (day) recessed pushers function exactly as designed. I will set the watch up for the new owner prior to shipping it out for a minimum of hassle. ;)

CRYSTAL: Flat mineral-type crystal in Near Mint condition with just a very minor nick to the edge near “2.”

BAND: This funky Wakmann-Gigandet comes on an equally cool perforated racing strap with orange accents that has been worn sparingly. This great chronograph takes 20mm straps.

I make absolutely no guarantees for the water resistance of this watch

This rare vintage Triple Date is offered with a 3-day inspection period from the date of receipt and may be returned for a full refund (less any shipping costs incurred by the buyer). This refund is unconditional and once I get the watch back in exactly the same condition as it was sent to you, your money will be refunded. Of course, once the 3 days are over the sale will be considered FINAL.

Thanks for looking,
T.
tomvox1@hotmail.com

Messages In This Thread

FS: 70s Wakmann-Gigandet Triple Date Chrono *PVD*/Val 730
Watch is off the forums--thnx. T. nt
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE