The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Ca 1977 Vintage Omega Constellation Diamond Dial 10k Gold F. *PIC*

I am selling this watch on ebay. The link is http://tinyurl.com/cbn3hz

The bid is currently 50.99 and there is no reserve.

I will offer to pay the priority mail price for members here, but you would still be responsible for the insurance (within the US). Outside the US, I will deduct $6.50 from the S/H fee. Just let me know that you saw the ad here, before paying for the watch. Directly from the ebay listing:

First off, let me say that my pictures do not do this watch justice. My camera makes this look dark. I have spent over an hour taking photos under different light and backgrounds- this is as good as it gets. This watch and the band are 10k yellow gold filled- it looks like 10k gold. Bright yellow and shiny- not the dark color that my photos show. Also, the diamonds are better quality than what the pictures may portray. The diamonds are bright and white- certain to catch people's eye.

I had a new battery put into this a week ago; it is keeping perfect time. If I remember correctly, I did have to replace the battery every 6 months or so.

I received this watch nearly 20 years ago, in 1991 I think. My father had received a settlement from being disabled at work. He bought this watch from a reputable dealer, so I have no problems guaranteeing that this watch is real- not a cheap knockoff. I've only had it opened by Omega dealers to change the battery- none of them ever said that anything was amiss either, and even got a complement from one. So- I do guarantee that this watch is real, or your money back.

This watch is not in the Omega database, but this is not uncommon. The vintage section is far from complete, especially from this time period. It also states that the calibre was used with many different dials.

Case #

Movement

Calibre

Serial #

The serial number 40.377.629 dates this to 1977.

The dial was upgraded at one time or another (at least the general consenus is that it is not original and was upgraded from a "regular" dial), prior to my ownership. It reads Omega Constellation Quartz Swiss Made. It is set with 33 diamonds, 3 channel set diamonds at every number except for 3 o'clock, where the day/date function is.

The back is solid, and reads * 10 K. Gold Filled

The band sports the Omega symbol on the clasp, and inside reads 11-78 (perhaps the date of the band?), 10 K.G.F. Stainless steel Hinge Omega & symbol, and No. 12 within a circle.

The only problem that I am aware of is that one of the hinges is bent, and needs to be rebent. If I had a pair of rubberized needlenose pliers, I would do this; but I don't want to risk scratching it. It is a 10 second job. If you look at the second picture, the one that shows the inside of the band (silver) and the band (gold); it is one of the hinges between the two, that hold them together. The watch doesn't fall off the band or anything- it just needs to be tightened for safety. Again, this is a 10 second job- I bet most jewelers would even do it for free, if you don't wish to do it.

This is a very nice, stylish and sharp watch. Your new watch will definitely make a statement. It could use some light cleaning. It has some dirt and scratches from being worn, but nothing serious. Just general wear. I wiped it with a microfiber cloth and most of the dirt came off. The crystal has a couple small scratches, but nothing that detracts from the overall appearance and appeal of the watch. There's some kind of paste that's supposed to be able to remove the scratches on the crystal, I saw mentioned on one of the Omega newsgroups. The scratches on the metal can probably be buffed out, but I'll leave that decision to you. Again, it's just general wear and tear on a close to 30 year old watch.

I haven't worn this for 15 years or so. I just thought about it last week while watching tv. I forgot even having it, honestly. Hopefully, this will go to someone who can appreciate its beauty, elegance, and craftmanship.

I will guarantee that this watch is authentic, not a cheap ripoff, fake or forgery. It has been running perfectly for a week on a new battery. I don't know if anything is wrong inside; so I'm selling this AS-IS on this aspect. I know it has always worked perfectly for me, and never had a problem with it.

Buyer is required to pay insurance on this, based on the selling price. This will be added onto the invoice. I'd like to ship this Priority Mail, so there is delivery confirmation.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE