The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: OMEGA Deville Chronoscope Co-Axial Rattrapante

Hi All,

For sale is my freshly serviced Omega DeVille Chronoscope Co-Axial Rattrapante, ref: 4848.40.31.

I know it’s a mouthful.. but for good reasons!

First of all the case.. it’s a 41mm but it wears surprisingly well, alas the photo doesn’t do it justice.. but I can tell you I’m use to wear 34-36-38mm watches, and every time input this on, it just feels right.

The Dial.. nothing short of amazing!
It has the running seconds at 9, the subdial is “split” in 2 as a reminder that you’re not looking at your usual chronograph, then, minute and hour subdials at 3 and 6, the edges of are bevelled (framed) so they reflect the light really nicely and it gives some nice depth to them. Finally an open date at 11, which was a first for Omega and the watch industry, it allows you to read the date even when the hands are over imposing the date aperture by simply looking at the preceding or succeeding number. Applied logo and markers. Overall the attention to detail is UNSEEN at this price range, everything is tastefully and carefully done on this watch, and nothing is left to chance, as some of the close ups shows.

The Movement.. where do I start?! Well from the specs..

Omega 3612 (base Frederique Piguet).
Self-winding chronograph with mechanism and for greater precision stability and durability of the movement.
Free sprung balance.
Column wheel split-seconds mechanism.

Power reserve: 52 hours

You saw it. Not one, but TWO column wheel!
One for each chronograph mechanism.. another “unheard of” at this price range!

You can see it in all this glory through the case back, and it really is something to behold! I’ll add some more pics later, you’ll all enjoy it ;)

It comes on a NEW genuine Omega navy leather strap (£200), with its original deployment buckle.

Full set, with original cards, inner and outer boxes and manuals.

Plus a 2017 service done officially by Omega in the Netherlands, with related papers! For a piece of mind.

If you can get a better watch.. a better chronograph.. a better split second chronograph, that picks such a punch.. look no further..

For everybody else who actually lives on this planet.. the price is 3850GBP

Thank you all for watching, and to our host for the facility.

Best Regards,
Claudio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE