The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Heuer Autavia 1163 Viceroy, Full Set + Mint

I'm happy to offer the best Viceroy that I've seen for any discerning collectors who have been eyeing these vintage Autavias. While the Viceroy Autavias are not "rare" compared to other vintage Heuers, this particular example separates itself based on its stunning condition and full set.

This came directly from the original owner, who used a friend's Viceroy coupon (from the cigarette pack) to claim this Autavia and eventually utilized it strictly for timing his fuel burn while flying recreationally. He estimates that it was worn less than 100 times, and in addition to taking great care of the watch, he kept everything that came with it (including the original hang tag for $200 and an unused original racing strap with Heuer buckle). I'll list out the condition factors below, but if you want to save time, I'll sum it up - outside of one mark on the crystal that can be removed, the watch is the definition of "collector grade."

Case: As you can see in the pictures, the case is terrific. Unpolished and virtually untouched, the original sunburst finishing remains sharp and the case lines are vivid. A safe piece. The crystal has one superficial scratch (near the 58 minute hash) that can be buffed out, but otherwise is in perfect shape as well.

Dial / Handset: The dial and hands are 100/100. Mint and perfect.

Bezel: Rotating tachymeter bezel is in perfect condition, no dings or scratches.

Movement / Functionality: The original owner had not worn it for quite some time but before selling it to me, he wore it for a day and reported that it's keeping time (I have not worn it). I wound the watch and tested the functionality of the chronograph - it starts/stops/reset perfectly. The watch is sold "as found / as-is," so I recommend an eventual servicing and I will not allow returns unless the watch has been misrepresented.

Strap / Accessories: The watch is on a vintage "flex" bracelet (non-OEM), but the original racing strap (unworn) is included. The original owner preferred steel bracelets and had the racing strap removed before ever wearing the Autavia. Also included is the full set, including inner / outer box, original price tag, and papers (filled out with the sellers' name). A true collector's set.

My price is $5,000 via PayPal (Friends & Family or add 3%). US sale strongly preferred. Face-to-face in Chicago is also welcome for local buyers. Finally, I have plenty of references available as a buyer and seller that I can provide if necessary. I can be reached at bazamuwatches@gmail.com or in a reply to this thread.

Messages In This Thread

FS: Heuer Autavia 1163 Viceroy, Full Set + Mint
SOLD
Stunning - wish I could be in Chicago!
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE