The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Heuer Camaro Ref 7220 "Exotic"

Up for sale is one of the most sought-after versions of the Camaro. These rarely surface for sale and you'll be hard-pressed to find one in similar condition. Importantly, this is the Valjoux 72 version, which is the most coveted by collectors. I purchased this from Andee at Rare Birds ~2 years ago, but have found that I'm not wearing it enough and am making a concerted effort to downsize my ever-expanding collection. Condition report below:

Dial / Handset: Dial is near-perfect, with full, cream-colored lume plots at the base of every applied marker and no blemishes / marks. The hour/minute hands exhibit matching lume and are in good cosmetic shape, though the applied black strip on the minute hand has worn away. Sub-dial hands are correct and in good shape (the hour counter hand displays slight wear).

Case / Crown: Case is in very good shape, with strong sunburst finishing and crisp lines. Prior to my purchase, the watch was serviced by Abel Court, and I believe the sunburst polishing was "refreshed" (read: the case was not re-cut, but the vibrance of the original sunburst finishing was restored). Caseback is in perfect shape. Crown and pushers are original.

Movement / Functionality: As mentioned above, this reference (7220) is powered by a Valjoux 72 movement, which is keeping good time and winds smoothly. I will note that the top pusher action needs a slight adjustment, as it sometimes requires two firm pushes to make contact / activate the chronograph. Once activated, however, the chronograph works as intended and stops / resets perfectly. The watch is sold as-is. I prefer not to open my watches unless absolutely necessary, so if movement shots are a necessity for the end buyer, we can discuss.

Strap / Bracelet: I will include the strap (from HODINKEE) pictured here. Separately, I have a double-grain Gay Freres BoR bracelet with correct, original end links that can be included for $5,000 more (yes, it's crazy how expensive they've become but I'm not willing to pair it with the watch for less than that amount). You can see the final picture for that bracelet.

My price is $10,000 or best offer with payment via PayPal (friends and family or add 3%) or direct bank wire. HODINKEE sold this same reference earlier this year for $10K in under an hour and I believe this example to be in similar / superior condition. US sale preferred, international sales will pay the cost of shipping. Face-to-face in Chicago is also welcome for local buyers. Finally, I have plenty of references available as a buyer and seller that I can provide if necessary.

Please reach out to bazamuwatches@gmail.com with any questions.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE