The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Heuer Carrera Reference 1553, Automatic Cal 15

Up for sale is a project that I took on ~a year ago and finally finished. Now that it's been serviced, it's ready for a new home and is being priced at an attractive level that will provide a great entry point for collectors looking to get into 1970's Heuers. See below for details:

Dial / Handset: The dial is in good shape, having aged to a "champagne" color that changes based on the light (hopefully captured in the pictures here). Handset is in perfect condition with pleasing patina - the hands typically seen on 1553's are a bit thicker, but the design is the exact same as this set - not sure what to make of that but I assume they're fine. Lume color on the dial is slightly lighter than the hands, but all lume plots are present and intact. Slight drag marks around the running seconds hand.

Case: Case is in good condition, with surface swirls and some light dents on the sides, but overall very thick. Crown is original and winds smoothly. Pushers are replacements (non-Heuer) but get the job done. These are factored into the asking price.

Movement / Functionality Heuer caliber 15 movement was just serviced by my watchmaker (Chronodeco, who unfortunately is now retired...this may have been his last watch). Since receiving it back, the watch winds smoothly and runs well, with all functions working properly. Sold as-is, but it should be good to go for many years given the service on my dime.

Strap / Accessories: The watch is being sold head-only, but for an additional $75, I will include the strap shown in this picture, which is Bulang & Sons and has been worn only a handful of times ($110 strap when purchased new).

My price is $3,250 or best offer with payment via PayPal (friends and family or add 3%) or direct bank wire. US sale preferred, international sales will pay the cost of shipping. Face-to-face in Chicago is also welcome for local buyers. Finally, I have plenty of references available as a buyer and seller that I can provide if necessary. Please email me with any questions prior to purchase, as I will not allow returns unless the watch has been materially misrepresented (and it hasn't).

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE