The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Vintage Omega Ploprof Seamaster 600 from orig owner w EXTRAS

Hi guys,

If you have been an avid Omega collector, this one needs no introduction. If not you might like to visit this site done by a VERY serious Ploprof collector. :-)

http://www.deskdivers.com/Site/PloProf.html

This mean beast was purchased from Germany from its original FIRST owner. It was unpolished, and the only thing it needs is some NEW gaskets and NEW Crystal (which have both been installed in Oct last year).

There has been "inverted" Ploprof out there (which to me are frakened as Omega has NEVER done it as the special movement caliber makes it impossible to align the specially made for this Ploprof date disc with the crown at 3) and with many pieces that has a reproduction dial, hands, some even fake, etc etc. All these are not to be confused with THIS true vintage piece.

Even the bezel is original vintage, and its in superb shape with a nice tan patina with matching patina hands and dial IN TRUE Tritium! Watch still glow abit after exposure to light in darkness.

Forget about the rest that you have seen, if you want a true original vintage, this has to be the one, in one of the best shape I have seen. This watch has seen actions and the case is totally unpolished with the original finishing and in 90% condition. The sides are beveled with a original factory spec "mirror" polish.

This is in a true collector's want list.

Catch this while you can before Omega "relaunch" the Ploprof in 2009 Basel Fair and this piece will definitely surge in value.

Here are some shots of it. Please note that some shots are deliberately taken in harsh lighting to show the imperfection and the true condition of this beauty.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Check out the sides with the beveled finishing:

Photobucket

The original case (not the "Shape" thing):

Photobucket

Comes with extra parts!

Photobucket

1) NOS Glass installed
2) NOS Gaskets with another set of used but in good condtion gaskets
3) Another NOS Mesh bracelet on top of an 95% condition sized Mesh Bracelet
4) NOS "Osyter" style variant bracelet
5) Used and original RARE VERY THICK spring bars
6) NOS Pushers with spring, etc
7) Glass Used, but can be polished if you want.

My asking price for this piece of legend worn by Jacques-Yves Cousteau is at USD 6,300.

I accept Paypal but we will split the cost and shipping will be actual cost, depending on how you would want it to be shipped. IF you used bank wire instead, I will pick the tab for the shipping cost.

Rock solid trade references upon request.

I can be reached at reficul_x@yahoo.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE