The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Heuer Monaco 1133B

Vintage Original HEUER MONACO 1133B Steve McQueen Mens Swiss Watch

1970 vintage Heuer Monaco 1133B, early serial #158***; working condition, with average signs of age & wear.
For OTD/CT members $11500 USD Shipped or $11k local pickup Los Angeles.

Im sure you already know what you are looking at but I'll try my best to mention what I've learned.
The watch has been with me for a few years, the guy I purchased it from said he got it from "Second time around". It has been worn less than a dozen times in this period, is working & keeping time, all functions start and reset properly, however I have not worn it long enough to know more so let's assume it will need a service some time in the future.

After the transitional model the Monacos came in two variations, the earlier light blue matte which this is, and the dark blue brushed dials later.
The Dial; in flawless condition, light purplish shade of blue with glossy eggshell white enamel recessed registers, unbelievable but believe it because its in mint condition. You can tell it isn't refinished as the lume dots are darkened, just an amazing example.
The hands; the minute and hour hand look like service parts as the lume is lighter and fresher, but are still correct. I have had the small black register hand at the 9:00 changed to one from an Autavia viceroy, it was an incorrect shaped one when i first received it.
The Case; 40mm is early production right after the transitional types which places it at 69-70, the case is refinished but the Serial 158*** & model 1133 are still visible, there is a ding near the top left corner, newer gasket, the case back has some scuffs as once upon a time someone tried getting into the case without knowing how to open it. also there are service numbers in the caseback which you can see in the pictures.
The Movement; The original Heuer Caliber 11, date wheel & crown are smooth, the chronograph engages properly starts and stops properly, overall looks very clean.
The acrylic crystal has light scratches, the 22mm brown leather band is few months old with Aftermarket Heuer marked 18mm buckle.

Please excuse the ugly watermarks & contact me if you need more pictures or have any questions, I will do my best to reply instantly. Thank you for the space

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE