The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: TAG Heuer Carrera Caliber 1887 - Box & Paper

Up for sale from my own collection is TAG Heuer Carrera Caliber 1887 REF: CAR2013.FC6313.

The watch is in great conditions and needs no introduction. It came to me as part of a trade last year and I never wore it. It is arguably a very elegant timepiece and, with its 43mm and 16.3mm thick polished steel case, is just a bit too big for my wrist. Our friends Jeff and David have reviewed it in 2011-12 and said:

"...This chronograph looks as though it was drawn by the very same hand that drew the first Carreras, almost 50 years ago, and that is high praise indeed…. let me assure you, as someone who probably spends as much time as anyone wearing the Carreras from the 1960s, the geometry of the Cal 1887 is perfect, the proportions are right, the balance is there..."
http://www.onthedash.com/docs/Carrera_Cal_1887_Flash_Review.html

“…The Rose Gold detailing is a nice change from the usual Carrera look, and it does achieve the goal of creating a watch that is more luxury than it is sports…. one of the best looking luxury Chronographs on the market…”
http://www.calibre11.com/review-tag-heuer-carrera-calibre-1887-43mm/

More specific information can be found at the official TAG webpage is at:
http://www.tagheuer.com/int-en/luxury-watches/carrera/carrera-calibre-1887automatic-chronograph43-mm-anthracite-leather-bracelet

As per photo below, I am selling the version with Anthracite dial, rose gold colored Arabic numerals and accents. It comes on the original slightly worn Anthracite alligator strap. All the boxes and the paper work visible in photos is included.

Price is $3,200. Payment via bank-wire or check. Watch is located in York City.
Shipping and insurance is included. International shipping is possible and shall be discussed.
Any question, please contact me.

Thanks for looking and to Chronotrader for the space.

Francesco

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE