The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: ZODIAC "KILLER" SEA WOLF

I am a big fan of vintage watches with a great story.
Problem is I can't keep them all.

So I am selling this 100% original/never touched Zodiac Sea Wolf.

" The Zodiac Sea Wolf also has a bit of infamy attached to it.
In the late 1960's the Zodiac killer terrorized San Fransisco killing a confirmed 7, but potentially up to 37 people.
He signed his cryptic letters to the police with what looks a lot like the Zodiac watch logo.
In the David Fincher film "Zodiac", the main suspect is seen wearing a white dialed, metal bezel Sea Wolf.
This reflects the fact that the their prime suspect, Arthur Leigh Allen, was known to wear a Sea Wolf."

You can read everything there is to know about this watch in this great wornandwound review:
http://wornandwound.com/2014/02/14/affordable-vintage-zodiac-sea-wolf/

I have been looking for this particular watch for months. I wanted one that was completely original, with the correct Zodiac signed crown
and that was mechanically in perfect condition. I also had a preference for the black dial version.

So the watch is completely original, not one part has been changed.
Case is in good condition with some normal wear, scratches and some little dents but nothing serious.
Case-back is in great condition with all the engravings and Zodiac logo perfectly visible.
Original high domed acrylic crystal , original bezel and original Zodiac signed crown.

Watch has the original glossy black dial with the original lime green lume.
No corrosion on the steel hour markers.
Also the hands have their original lume; some of the lume has come off.
I could have sent the hands to James Hyman for one of his great relume jobs but I preferred keeping the watch exactly as when it was sold in the 60s.
"Nothing is quite as iconic as the original black dialed version with those unique triangle markers and hands."

Mechanically this watch is just amazing. Not often have I seen a 60's watch that works so well.
You pick it up and and the seconds hand starts thinking, it keeps excellent time and has a fantastic power reserve.
It really works like my Rolex Submariner with 1570 movement. Unbelievable.

"I bought my Sea Wolf at a Navy PX in Yokuska, Japan back in 69 when I was there on the battleship USS New Jersey BB-62.
I've had it serviced once and it still works well. Great watch. Mike Cecchini, Bethesda, Md USA"

This comment seems very typical for the watch.

Model: Zodiac Sea Wolf
Movement: caliber 70-72 automatic
Serial number: 687728 ( visible between the lower lug )

I am selling the watch with a new Bulangandsons medium brown strap ( 109 euros )

Price: 725 euros ( insured shipping and Bulang strap included )

Kind regards,
Bernard

Picture of the re-edition Sea Wolf next to the original:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE