The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Autavia Viceroy - Proceeds to fight Breast Cancer *PIC*

Hi All,

For sale to raise funds for Breast Cancer Now, a UK based charity seeking a cure for breast cancer is my excellent Autavia Viceroy.

On April 22nd I will be running the London Marathon and Breast Cancer Now is my chosen charity. Breast Cancer killed my mum in 1984 and running marathon's and raising money is my small contribution to the cause to eradicate the disease that takes so many Mums, sisters, wives and loved ones. I sold a Carrera a couple of years ago in a similar way...with the proceeds of the sale being added by the buyer to my fundraising website. It worked really well then, and I thought I'd try again. Every penny of this sale goes straight to the charity!

I am selling my Autavia for £1750 (or EU/$ equivalent), including insured courier. I will throw in the box (pictured - a replica I assume), a newish rally strap (all black - not the one shown) and a replica Heuer buckle. No strings, all this for £1750 and all of that straight to charity. Once the buyer has contacted me and we have agreed the transaction, I will ask them to make a payment to my fundraising site (link below) and will send the watch (either from Dubai where I live, or from the UK which I know is better for EU bidders).

You can read more about my fundraising efforts here:

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-display/showROFundraiserPage?pageId=850970

I am trying to raise over £5,000 in total as that all make it £20,000 over the three marathons I have run and, frankly, that will be a good point for this tired old man to retire!

The watch: Its in great shape - I bought from a reputable dealer 8 or so years ago and its been barely worn. There are a couple of scratches at the top of the bezel insert but the case is in great shape with the starburst brushing looking great. All functions work well.

About me: I don't post much anymore on OTD, but did years ago as Wynonie. This will be the second watch I've sold the first being the Carrera sold for charity two years ago - but I've bought a fair amount!

That's all there is to say I think - A cracking Viceroy, for a good price with money helping to fight breast cancer! Please email me any questions - or I'd be very happy to talk to reassure any bidder.

Messages In This Thread

FS: Autavia Viceroy - Proceeds to fight Breast Cancer *PIC*
OHPF - Thanks for all the interest and support
Re: FS: Autavia Viceroy - Proceeds to fight Breast Cancer
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE